Begging woman on High Street

i know what you mean about the men @ work i think they washed my car the other day at drive through car wash

I think they come from a land down under.

Gemma was back around the train station last night.

Funny you say that, I saw her last night.

She never asked me for any money though, in fact her exact words were "it's pointless asking you because you always say no". I'm already getting a reputation in Sheffield :hihi:

I have never seen this 'famous' Gemma girl. What am I missing out on? Can someone enlighten me please? :thumbsup:

Didn't she get locked up for begging at the Station? Looks like that worked a treat:suspect:

No I am glad to say. I can't say how genuine she is but in any case it was not your responsibility to give her money there are proper organisations for that sort of thing.

If she was blonde haired gemma I would probably have given her a fiver ...

Gemma was back around the train station last night.

Really? Maybe she heard about the competition and decided to come out fighting.

That is a bit sad though, I hadn't seen her in ages so I hoped she had sorted herself out...looks like that was misplaced hope, ho hum.

Not 100% sure as she was too far away from me, but I am sure she was selling the Big Issue near the town hall this afternoon

Definitely a con. There's plenty of resources around to stop that kind of thing, especially if they've got kids.

I always thought the deal with the Big Issue was that you weren't allowed to beg.

I had a woman approach me on the road where I live and ask if she could use my telephone. She then produced a card with what appeared to be loads of phone stamps on it and said you can redeem these and get the money back for the call, she wanted to phone Nigeria "urgently" and said it wouldn't cost me anything. Guess what I said?

First room on your right by the lamp and the country code for Nigeria is 234.

I would have told her to do one...Scrounging geet.

never been approached by this one but a couple of months ago 2 little kids came up to me on the wickers and said " give me 20p" i laughed and said what would you like 20p for? they said "bread" so i asked wheres your parents and they pointed to them up the rd begging other people too :o

i eventually said ask your parents to come here and they then went on to play with my daughter who was in her pram and told me i had a beautiful child anyway they carried on asking all they seemed able to say in English well was 20p please. i eventually said no and they went over to parents and as they walked past me they gave me dirty looks and shouted something at me in a language i didn't understand and tried to spit at me but missed. :thumbsup:

Me and my son were approached by the Bosnian woman yesterday near WHSmiths.She handed me the same grubby bit of cardboard and asked for "food please,it make me happy...please..."I said "no sorry" and gave the cardboard back.She was quite chunky,but I deffo feel guilty.What can you do to hepl?but not feel guitly or intimidated?