How long do cramps last for?

I turn 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow and i keep getting cramps as though i'm going to come on, obviously, this is normal i'm presuming but does anyone know how long they last for? They come and go throughout the day and i'm absolutely petrified i'm going to miscarry again!

I'm trying hard to stay calm and relaxed but it's hard.

All advice welcome :)

I didn't really get cramps... I thought my uterus was on fire (yep random I know, but it woke me frequently in the middle of the night and your brain does weird things then!)

I didn't know i was pg at the time so took tramadol it was sooo painful.

I got that about 4 times in a few days then it eased off :)

Oh bints :( Try not to worry, I know bugger all about being up the duff ( :hihi: ) but like you say, it's normal, and the likelihood of you miscarrying again is very slim! I can't wait for you to be HUGE and then I can feel the bean kicking! It WILL happen, try not to think about worst cse sceranios. I know it's difficult :)

xxxxxxxxxx

binty....reckon were gonna worry right up untill we have our babies in our arms!!

ill be 6 week on sunday and im already wantin to do another test!!

iv had mild cramping and still check the loo paper everytime i go to the loo!!:huh:

just try and relax........and i know its hard!iv not felt as sick today and im worrying something is wrong too.....but whichever way we look at it,worrying will not help!!:suspect:

x

aww binty try not to worry hun just lay back an chill the cramps will just pass by enjoy it hun xx

I had this until around 12 weeks, felt like I was going to come on all the time. Midwife said it was normal, is things stretching, even at this early stage. Unless they are excessively bad and there is bleeding then its nothing to worry about.

Thanks all :)

Spotty - i check the loo paper everytime i go too :hihi:

I'll just try and stayed as relaxed as possible. If that means going to sleep at 8pm every night, so be it! :hihi: :hihi:

That makes 3 of us with the obsessive loo paper checking then! :hihi:

I had really bad cramps after my first positive test and was convinced it was over, but then they eased off and I got my second positive a few days later, but they still come and go.

It's perfectly normal from what I've read though, so as long as there's no bleeding just try and wait it out.