18 years ago today

Ha ha. Pig quoting "living the past" shocker when Wednesday fan mentions something we have achieved that S2 trophy dodgers never will.

You didn't disappoint. Can read some of you lot like a book and not a very good book. Certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab that actually gets better with every read.

Your history makes you what you are.

UTO FTP

Textbook Partridge quote. Can I shake your hand again?

You have to realise that you're only allowed to talk about the past on here if it suits them. No mentioning of facts and evidence about Wednesday's consistently better league record, club honours list, attendance record etc, and all the other factors which actually define a bigger club - all that counts is either the present (seeing as they're going through a rare phase when they've finished higher than us for nearly a decade and actually managed to get a higher average attendance for 3 of the last 30 years), or it's fine to mention anything from the past which is detrimental towards Wednesday but no other history is permitted.

Read the small print in your cone-tract.

he was only wanting feedback from other owls.. he did have a dig at the end though so i can understand some blades having a go back but the whole thread wasnt a cheap dig at utd. anyway, doesnt matter to me, before my time unfortunately and cant really be bothered doing the whole argument thing with anyone:thumbsup:

i believe the opening poster got what he was after.

Dr Chinnery

i dont mean to be rude but your avater looks quite like Val its not nude Monday? and be carefull of using to much gas!!!!

What defines the bigger club exactly? History or present?

Fair enough, the current finances, state of the ground etc do make sufc the BETTER club. However, whenever we go on holiday abroad, I only ever see Wednesday shirts. Does that mean we have a bigger fanbase (albeit they dont attend the actual matches!) or does it mean the piggies are too embarrased to wear them?

In all honesty I would be tempted to say that Wednesday have a richer history than united. Whether that counts for anything today is irrelevant.

I can put my hand up and say that in years to come I would like Wednesday to be in the position united are off the field ie finance, ground etc. The rest will then follow.

As much as I love to see united lose, you gotta admire the position they're in compared to lets say erm 18 years ago!

Who knows, in another 18 Weds could be in Europe again whilst united are playing League 1 football. These things tend go full circle if you look at the ful history of both clubs.

So I say, lap up the present but dont forget where you came from and where you may end up!

What defines the bigger club exactly? History or present?

Fair enough, the current finances, state of the ground etc do make sufc the BETTER club. However, whenever we go on holiday abroad, I only ever see Wednesday shirts. Does that mean we have a bigger fanbase (albeit they dont attend the actual matches!) or does it mean the piggies are too embarrased to wear them?

In all honesty I would be tempted to say that Wednesday have a richer history than united. Whether that counts for anything today is irrelevant.

I can put my hand up and say that in years to come I would like Wednesday to be in the position united are off the field ie finance, ground etc. The rest will then follow.

As much as I love to see united lose, you gotta admire the position they're in compared to lets say erm 18 years ago!

Who knows, in another 18 Weds could be in Europe again whilst united are playing League 1 football. These things tend go full circle if you look at the ful history of both clubs.

So I say, lap up the present but dont forget where you came from and where you may end up!

I suppose it depends where you holiday, Benidorm, Costa del Sol and Cleethorpes, you're bound to see a few Wednesday shirts as this is the sort of 'clientele' these places attract.

I can't say i've seen one Wednesday shirt on my trips around South East Asia, Australia, the US or the Caribbean. If shirt counting in Benidorm is a representation of how massive Wednesday are then this must mean they're not very big in any of the above countries :thumbsup:

lol never been mate, Caribbean, Italy, Greece, US, North Africa, Peru, Dubai is where I've seen em! But rather than answer the question in an adult manner, feel free to resort back to schoolground comments.

Oh! You did!

lol never been mate, Caribbean, Italy, Greece, US, North Africa, Peru, Dubai is where I've seen em! But rather than answer the question in an adult manner, feel free to resort back to schoolground comments.

Oh! You did!

I bow down to Wednesdays superior support, it really is true you are MASSIVE!!!!!

Join the Wednesday American, North Africa, Caribbean, Korean & European Supporters Club (W.A.N.C.E.R.S) - Global dominance is inevitable, i reckon its only a matter of time until McCa.......sorry Strafford is buying clubs in Hungary, Australia, China and Brazil!!!

You should do stand up!

Maybe the reason you've only sold 558 season tickets is because your fans are all living in far flung countries??!??!?

Dr Chinnery

i dont mean to be rude but your avater looks quite like Val its not nude Monday? and be carefull of using to much gas!!!!

well you are being rude if i can be so bold to say.

whenever we go on holiday abroad, I only ever see Wednesday shirts. Does that mean we have a bigger fanbase (albeit they dont attend the actual matches!) or does it mean the piggies are too embarrased to wear them?

heres some chaps looking very embarrased but enjoying their hollidays in barbados at the west indies england cricket..

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8774/n168709973242231362083.jpg

I don't remember that game but I've got a good idea what I was doing.I was courting a lass called Lynn at the time,the last I heard she was in the Luzern institute for nymphomaniac disorders in Switzerland.Anyway I scored more than you lot that day and the following season we did the double over you.Oh happy days indeed.

Again immediately failing to recognise how low a Blade can actually stoop, I had overlooked that the lass in question was actually a Wednesdayite's wife, being serviced by the poster whilst her old man was at the Quarter final, both legs of the semi, queuing all night for his ticket, and enjoying himself at Wembley itself.

Presumably by the time she moved to Switzerland , after all parties had failed to satisfy her.

When she started reading the match report in The Green Un, whilst he was tupping her, it ought to have set alarm bells ringing.