Swann mortons in hillsborough 1969

To any one that might remember me, my name is Harry Gillott I started at

Swann Mortons from leaving schoo,l from 1963 and worked there until

I left, about four year later. I NEW Peter Mc Donald who worked in the tool shop Jim Watson Eric Starling, the Nicholsons. and my Chris mother worked there too.

Pete McDonald is still there 'sprint8', he actually retires this year.

I remember Swann Mortons.They bought French stainless strip and we used to load it out of Goole Docks and deliver it into Sheffield,would be in either 1968 or 1969.

Chris.

Swann Mortons in Hillsborough 1969.

My auntie Lily, Lillian Hughes worked for many years at Swann Morton,during the 40's? 50's and 60's.She worked in the factory then later became a manageress. She later became a director[?] of the company. I believe she came from the Hillsborough area[Hillsborough Road] She married uncle Lol[Lawrence Hughes] who was a draughtsman[Firth Browns?], and they lived at Lyminster Road[50's-early 60's]. They later moved to Nr 6 Castle Drive in Hood Green nr Baaahrnsley.

During my childhood I visited them with my parents at their Hood Green bungalow. The area was fantastic for adventuring and I loved it. I was there lots of times.

Auntie Lily and uncle Lol never had children and they used to go camping very often. Auntie Lily died approx 8 years ago leaving me a tidy sum, now spent. Uncle Lol died long before she did. She had 2 brothers, Robert and James, and 3 sisters,Mary, Dorothy, and Nora.

Despite her nice nature, I believe she was possibly a stickler at Swann Morton.

once worked there ....awful place....shudder to think of it....horrible !!!!!

Anyone worked at Swann Mortons during the 60s, i started there from leaving school at 15. My name is Harry gillot and I worked there fore about 4/5 years

My late wife worked in the offices from 1953-83.

I worked there in the 60s loved it

Any one worked there in late 60s into 70s

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 12:24 ----------

Hi there my name is mick Hague i started work at 15 in 1969 i was there for 3 yrs wish i would have stayed there had some crap jobs since then i worked upstairs with jeff keeton john dransfield mick smith pat and mick mcsweeney

Any one worked there in late 60s into 70s

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 12:24 ----------

Hi there my name is mick Hague i started work at 15 in 1969 i was there for 3 yrs wish i would have stayed there had some crap jobs since then i worked upstairs with jeff keeton john dransfield mick smith pat and mick mcsweeney

Mick McSweeney is still there going strong.

Jeff Keeton was on Heat treatment upstairs.we used to go up to the Wagon and Horses up at Flouch on Wednesdays with his wife and dogs,a good bloke was Jeff.