Swann mortons in hillsborough 1969

Who worked there 1969 

On 14/02/2010 at 13:22, adnil said:

eyup Metal Mickey,

I should know you, I worked in the Grinding shop upto retireing '08'

names Ian ?

I'm Mick hague worked in heat-treating 

Edited by Mickymac321

I think Doreen Cawthron worked there for many years - not sure if that included 1969.  Anyone remember her?

TWits didnt she live on Carnaby Rd if its the same Doreen she went to live up Whitby when she retired,She worked in the office with my late wife.

12 hours ago, bullerboY said:

TWits didnt she live on Carnaby Rd if its the same Doreen she went to live up Whitby when she retired,She worked in the office with my late wife.

That's the one - except it was "next door" in Scarborough that she moved to.

Her mother made our wedding cake in 1964 Doreens husband brought his car to me for servicing i think she married late in life.

21 hours ago, bullerboY said:

Her mother made our wedding cake in 1964 Doreens husband brought his car to me for servicing i think she married late in life.

Small world.  Her mother was called Ida but I didn't know she made wedding cakes!  Was this a one off or did she do that sort of thing regularly?  She did marry late in life - to my dad (after my mom died).

well it was his car i fixed i knew Doreen when she first started at Swanns she made the cake and her sister who lived up Dykes Hall Rd iced it her husband Doug had a tool business which his son Wayne took over and moved it down Taunton not sure but i think her name was Margery

8 hours ago, bullerboY said:

well it was his car i fixed i knew Doreen when she first started at Swanns she made the cake and her sister who lived up Dykes Hall Rd iced it her husband Doug had a tool business which his son Wayne took over and moved it down Taunton not sure but i think her name was Margery

So, just to make sure I have understood you, Doreen's mum (Ida) made your wedding cake and Ida's sister iced it?  I didn't meet any of Ida's sisters but was told she had two, Gertrude and Edith but Edith died very young.  Was Doug, Gertude's husband?  

Any idea when she started at Swann's?