Swann mortons in hillsborough 1969

any one work at swann mortons around 1969 like to hear from you i worked with john dransfield tony robinson mick smith pete bradshaw :thumbsup:

eyup Metal Mickey,

I should know you, I worked in the Grinding shop upto retireing '08'

names Ian ?

my late wife worked at swanns for 30yrs 1953-83,Ann Lunn/Robinson,I knew most of the lads there,Brian Gelsthorpe,Alec Phelan,Ernest Scothern,Jack Nicholson,Ernest Nicholson Mick Nicholson,Tony Smith,Judith Gilmore, Miss Fairwether, Mr Swann,Albert Main,Mr Bugg,Mr sylvester,Gordon and George Taylor,Cyril Spiers and lily,Peggy Wright,Mick Mcginnley,Lynn Taylor,Mr Crookes,Mr Wragg,Mike Johnson(professor).Will that be ok for now?lol

Hi BullerboY,

If you knew all the people you mentioned then you should know me ? IAN MOFFATT, I started in the grinding shop with Jack Nicholson and George Rodgers ,afraid I'm not too good on names you said your late wife was ANN ? I might recall by a photo, which department did she work, Anyway thanks for the name recall and take care

Ciao Ian

Hi Ian of coarse I know you Ann was export manager upstairs in the office until she tragically passed away,remember now! mel.

Ian, saw george and Judith at the talk they gave at Hillsboro park just before George retired.mel

Ian I remember in 1965 me and ann used to load the steralizing plant and set the source to irradiate the blades on a sunday so Ray could take them out on monday,ann was olso secretary of the fishing club.I also remember Roy Allsop.

Hi Mel,

Of course I knew 'Big Ann' sorry it must have been the Lunn that threw me,ah great days it's all changed now.Ray lives in Cyprus, Paphos we met up with him in May time last year, he has'nt altered much in fact he looked a little paler ? Hope you are ok, and thanks for the name recall its nice to remember the names & sometimes recall faces to match.

Take Care, Ciao Ian

Hi Ian theres another two here;Jeff Keeton,Frank (Matt)Dillion the painter.Yes Im ok and retired now,but still riding the bikes,how about you?m

Mel,

Frank used to live at Regent court flats untill he died, and Mike Johnson, we see fairly regulary at Meadow Hall, (M&S) in fact I think he lives there ! Gordon's wife now lives down Lincolnshire somewhere, You mentioned Roy Allsop, do you remember his son IAN he worked in the Engineers , well when Roy died Ian, after a while emigrated to Tromso in Norway , Brrrrrr ! too cold for me I like the sun on my back , by all accounts he loves it he's married now with (I think ) a couple of children .

I don't want to say anymore cos all the people we know seem to be snuffing it ! If you see me around give us a shout (LOUD ) cos I'm deaf.

Ciao Ian

Ian im often in hillsboro,yeh Ive seen mike often in meadowhell but not for a few months now,sign of the times we are all getting old.I saw Lynn at Gordons send off,we were friends since 1960!Same Ian if you see me in meadowhell or hillsboro,give me a shout as well cause these days im crap with faces. best wishes mel