Everton beat Man U on penalties

Errr no I didn't, but if it makes you feel better ignoing the whole point of that post I made then feel free to continue...

I was answering scottf's post where he was saying everton had more chances than man u over the course of the game, you know the 120+ minutes of 2 teams playing each other where a 2nd string Man U side played better than the best Everton had to offer, even if we didn't actually win the stat's say it all! Not the 10mins afterwards that decided the actual result... :rolleyes:

I would count pentalies as chances to win the game. Man U didn't take their chances and Everton did.

Tevez, whose 2nd touch is almost always a tackle.....

Berbatov, whose 2nd touch is almost always adjusting his hairband....

whos bothered how many ex man utd players who now play for everton how many games they played for man utd , nobody

Man Utd starting IX was still:

Foster, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Fabio Da Silva (Evra 63), Welbeck, Gibson, Anderson, Park (Scholes 67), Tevez, Macheda (Berbatov 91).

Now look at Everton's side:

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Osman, Neville, Fellaini (Vaughan 102), Pienaar, Cahill, Saha (Rodwell 70).

Everton hardly have a team of world class players, and second string or not, Man Utd had enough talent on the pitch (with international and Champions Leage experience) to dispose of Everton. I'd argue it is Man Utd who showed the least ambition, starting with Ferguson, who picked the team in the first place.

Moyes would kill to have a second string like that.

Everton hardly have a team of world-class players? Eh? Jags was in the England U21 squad, and doing bloomin' fab, back when he was at Sheff United! He scored against Man U in this particular match, and helped Everton secure the win. Hardly rubbish play.

Everton hardly have a team of world-class players? Eh?

Correct. Everton do not have a team of world class players. In fact, the only player they have anything near world class is Arteta.

Jags was in the England U21 squad, and doing bloomin' fab, back when he was at Sheff United!

Jagielka is not a world class player. No matter how good he was for us, or Everton.

Hardly rubbish play.

It was one of the worst semi-finals I can recall in any competition, a truly awful game of football from start to finish. Everton and Man Utd both put in a dull and insipid performance.

yopu don't need world class players to have success in a team look at man city the money they have spent where are they in the league? the tabke doesn't lie

yopu don't need world class players to have success in a team look at man city the money they have spent where are they in the league? the tabke doesn't lie

City have 1 world class player. When he can be bothered.

Why would that be comforting?

I really couldnt give a stuff - believe the young uns will benefit from the game, and for me thats is the important thing.

Mind you, would have preferred Berbatov to just have belted it!

I'm sure that you're not really bothered, winning 5 trophies in a season isn't a big deal is it?

I'm sure that you're not really bothered, winning 5 trophies in a season isn't a big deal is it?

Its impossible if you ask me.

The two that matter are still in our sights.

Well the thing is Whatif wewin, when you're in with a chance of winning the premiership (again) and the Champions League (again), it's not quite as simple as putting the best team out every match. Sometimes the best players need resting for the greater good. Not a policy I'll always agree with but there you go... same goes for not playing players because of the pitch, a bit feeble if you ask me!

That's because it wasn't really a penalty and you're clutching at straws... Even Moyes thought Man U should have had a penalty when Welbeck was fouled! ;)

What planet are you on?

How am I clutching at straws when we won?

You are of course right, it is not really a penalty unless the ref say's so.

(NB Fergy)

Moyes actually said, 'from where I was it looked like it could have been a penalty' , he did not say ' I thought it was a penalty'.

He was just being honest all followers of the defending team gasp when an opposition player is brought down, or seemingly brought down in their box. I have already said that the more I have seen of this incident the more it looked like a pen could have been given. All teams suffer this, including Everton.

The real worry for any team playing against Man U is that Man U seem to get more of the dubious pens than any other team. I am sure that this is in part to some refs being in awe/afraid of Fergy and his tantrums.

Edited by Whatif wewin

Care to provide the stats that back up your actually quite false claim?

I don't make any claims, I merely point out my opinions.

What is it that you believe to be 'actually quite false'?

The two that matter are still in our sights.

Especially since Liverpool just conceded 4 goals at home to Arsenal...