Everton beat Man U on penalties

The two managers put out the sides, one assumes, that they expect to do best against the other team.

Well the thing is Whatif wewin, when you're in with a chance of winning the premiership (again) and the Champions League (again), it's not quite as simple as putting the best team out every match. Sometimes the best players need resting for the greater good. Not a policy I'll always agree with but there you go... same goes for not playing players because of the pitch, a bit feeble if you ask me!

I have not seen the Everton claim for a pen highlighted any where!

That's because it wasn't really a penalty and you're clutching at straws... Even Moyes thought Man U should have had a penalty when Welbeck was fouled! ;)

Edited by Beanfeast

The two managers put out the sides, one assumes, that they expect to do best against the other team.

If Man U get beat it seems that some people always have an excuse ready, if Man U win it is because they are better than the other team.

It is time that some realised that a football match is two teams against each other doing their best to win, with hopefully a fair referee.

Poor ole Fergy didn't get his statutory penalty. Well we don't always get what we want, there are plenty of times his team have been given dubious penalties especially at old Trafford.

The more I see of the pen claim against Jags, the more it does look as if a pen could have been awarded.

Everton also had a claim for a pen, we tend to get over it though I have not seen the Everton claim for a pen highlighted any where!

Care to provide the stats that back up your actually quite false claim?

yes everton weren't brilliant i agree but overall it wasn't a good match either at least man utd lost thats one good thing

i agree with you guderian man utd do get away with alot of the seasons and years well all i can say justice was finally done.

An interesting fact ( I think so anyway!) is that if you take Rio out of the equation, then Everton players had played for Man Utd MORE than Man Utd players.

United had 700 ish appearances for United, Rio was 300 of these, so 400 without him for the other 10 players.

Howard, Saha and Neville have played 587 games for United.

An interesting fact ( I think so anyway!) is that if you take Rio out of the equation, then Everton players had played for Man Utd MORE than Man Utd players.

United had 700 ish appearances for United, Rio was 300 of these, so 400 without him for the other 10 players.

Howard, Saha and Neville have played 587 games for United.

However comforting that may be, it doesn't change that you lost.

Fergie's reaction to his non-penalty is the funniest thing I've seen all year. The old man needs to be careful...you can't be behaving like that at his age. He's already showing signs of losing the plot. Shouldn't be long before he starts confusing Rio with Anton..or maybe even Les.

However comforting that may be, it doesn't change that you lost.

Why would that be comforting?

I really couldnt give a stuff - believe the young uns will benefit from the game, and for me thats is the important thing.

Mind you, would have preferred Berbatov to just have belted it!

Mind you, would have preferred Berbatov to just have belted it!

Howard would of saved that if he`d thrown his hat at it..Tevez over the Berbweiser anyday.

Crap game. Great result for the blues.

Howard would of saved that if he`d thrown his hat at it..Tevez over the Berbweiser anyday.

Crap game. Great result for the blues.

Tevez, whose 2nd touch is almost always a tackle.....

Tevez, whose 2nd touch is almost always a tackle.....

But who must surely be better at taking a penalty than ferdinand???

Thats another mistake that sir alex made on sunday.

serves fergie right ha ha ha