Everton beat Man U on penalties

It was a pretty boring affair, except for Fergie nearly having a heart attack when he never got his usual penalty.

Being an Everton fan I thought we had blown it when Tim Cahill missed the first pen.

How do they decide who gets to wear the Blue shirts in the final ?

Diabolical game to watch, but pleased Everton are through to the final.

Boring Game. Still, I bet ferguson was seething, which is always a plus.

ferguson deserves everything he gets after putting that team out- it smacks of contempt for both the FA cup and everton that he thinks that his second 11 deserve to go through to the final of this countrys cup.

They should have banned man u for 5 years when they refused to participate a few years ago.

But- having a best mate who's a toffee fan means that i get to watch a cup final with a team in that im actually interested in- i may even wear an everton shirt for the day!! :D

They should have banned man u for 5 years when they refused to participate a few years ago.

Wasn't that so they could enter the world club tournament at the request of the FA?

Wasn't that so they could enter the world club tournament at the request of the FA?

yep, they ditched the fa cup for world club cup or whatever its called!!! strange they couldn't find a 2nd 11 for that game:roll:

being a liverpool fan, couldn't really care who won but great man utd haven't won everything:thumbsup: lets hope they dont do anything else in the league...

SAF's tantrum when they didn't get a penalty was amazing. Well done David Moyes, even if you do look like Moe from the Simpsons.

boring game but at least everton went through. The prima donnas are out and thats all that matters bet fergie has a good moan about the penal;ty that should have been, however fergie what goes around comes around.

That was a definite foul on Welbeck and should have been a penalty, I have no idea what the referee was thinking other than what's for tea when he gets home... :loopy:

I'm a Man U fan (in case you haven't guessed ;) ) and was suprised at just how well we did do with a 2nd team, as soon as I saw the line-up I thought we would lose. Shame Fergie decided to do that though, I'd much prefer to see us fielding the best team possible for every game. Doesn't say much for Everton though does it, getting lucky with penalties after playing a 2nd string Man U team!

:hihi:

Edited by Beanfeast

What a load off rubbish from Man u, Everton deserved the win, even if they weren't penalised for the fowl, which should have been a penalty.

They wanted it more than man u.

Hard lines Sir Alex !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beanfeast- i agree it should have been a penalty but thats the way these things happen- everton had more chances than man u over the course of the game i recon.

What would you think of sir alex if you now if u don't win either the league or the champs league? i think that it was a pretty low thing to do?

as for your comments about evertyon- they can only beat the team thats put infront of them- and they did that?

beanfeast- i agree it should have been a penalty but thats the way these things happen- everton had more chances than man u over the course of the game i recon.

What would you think of sir alex if you now if u don't win either the league or the champs league? i think that it was a pretty low thing to do?

as for your comments about evertyon- they can only beat the team thats put infront of them- and they did that?

Match Stat's:

Shots on target

Man U 3 Everton 2

Shots off target

Manu U 7 Everton 5

Shots blocked

Man U 5 Everton 3

Corners

Man U 9 Everton 4

Possession

Man U 54.2% Everton 45.8%

So need I say more. Everton didn't just 'beat' the team in front of them, they were outplayed by the team in front of them - and a pretty much reserve team at that! I very much doubt Everton could have put a 2nd team out that could play this well. Unfortunately we have stupid penalty takers, I mean what the hell was Berbatov thinking!? Everton were ultimately lucky, if Ronaldo/Rooney/Giggs had been playing I don't think you'd have won - plus they're also better at taking penalties!

As for 'if' we don't win the league or the champ's league (which I very much doubt) then yes I'll be very miffed SAF played this side. Ultimately I just hope the gamble pays off and we now have a nearly full strength squad that have been rested a little, ready to take the rest of the season by the throat.