Ever been abroad yes/no?

Ever been abroad?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Ever been abroad?

• YES
    • NO

I go abroad every year.

There are still places in Britain I've yet to visit though, some I have no desire to such as Skegness, some I think I'm missing out on, Cornish coast, Pembrokeshire, Holy Island etc.

You should ask - ever lived abroad?

It would explain why some people on the Forum, who've never been out of their back yards, hold very naive attitudes.

As someone said in an earlier post; travel broadens the mind. I'm not sure though that someone on holiday gets much of an understanding of what life is really like in the places visited.

never bean abroad dont want to, i cant afford to and if i did i would not go, i cant even afford to go on holiday in britain and only go once every 2 years when my mum nags at me to go away with her and she pays

I've been abroad but only as part of my job. Never been on holiday abroad, it just doesn't interest me.

It would explain why some people on the Forum, who've never been out of their back yards, hold very naive attitudes.

As someone said in an earlier post; travel broadens the mind. I'm not sure though that someone on holiday gets much of an understanding of what life is really like in the places visited.

I have a couple of friends in the army and the change in attitude once they had been abroad was beyong belief. You are right, simply going on holiday isn't enough, it really depends on context of travel.

My parents are Zimbabweans. They crossed into South Africa just before I was born, and so I am a South African citizen.

When I was a child we moved to Hong Kong and then to the UK about 6 years ago, eventually settling on the Isle of Man.

I went to university in Birmingham, before moving to Sheffield. In the meantime my parents had moved to West Coast Canada/USA. I bought a house over there last year.

I am currently back in Sheffield, hold dual South African and UK citizenship, but will shortly give up my UK passport as I have applied for Canadian Citizenship.

It does give you a different outlook on the world and my accent seems to cause immense mirth around these parts.

I must also get this damned forum clock sorted as it is telling me it is 12.45 am.

I have been abroad about a dozen times, certainly the climate was better than england on every occassion. Its just nice to travel and see other interesting places, learn a bit of another language. If I can pay my mortgage off when I intend to and my pension pot isnt hit too much, when I retire it will be abroad

I have never been abroad, and do not have a passport.

I dislike heat, and am extremely finicky about food.

If I ever did go anywhere it would be on a Norwegian Fjords cruise, but I doubt I ever will.

I think going abroad widens your mind. You learn to accept people for what they are and not stereotype people. Even going to France you can see totally different cultures and things that you would not expect to see here...

That used to be the case but there are too many people going on all inclusive holidays, I know someone that went away for one week and they only spent 13 Euros, they never left the hotel.

As for the OP……..Yes

Nope not been abroad yet be truly plan on going within next 3 years, got to get a passport first though :thumbsup: