Ridiculous letters demanding payment

A few weeks ago I received a bill from my credit card company for 7p!

Today, I have received a letter from Npower telling me that I owe 2p for my gas account from a property I lived in 18 months ago! They are demanding that I send a cheque for 2p immediatly!

What's the most ridiculous letter demanding payment you've received?

A few weeks ago I received a bill from my credit card company for 7p!

Today, I have received a letter from Npower telling me that I owe 2p for my gas account from a property I lived in 18 months ago! They are demanding that I send a cheque for 2p immediatly!

What's the most ridiculous letter demanding payment you've received?

Send them the amount in 1p cheques just to mess them about.

Send them to 2p and state that you want a posted receipt for it. It will cost them more for the paper, ink and postage than the 2p!

On a similar (but not really issue), my friend received his 12,000 youtube plays a few weeks ago for five pence. It was sent first class!

Boggles the mind what companies do...

Send them to 2p and state that you want a posted receipt for it. It will cost them more for the paper, ink and postage than the 2p!

LOL!

A friend has suggested that I don't pay it and let them take me to court for it, I wander how much that would cost them!

LOL!

A friend has suggested that I don't pay it and let them take me to court for it, I wander how much that would cost them!

Ah, but then they can add charges and interest for none payment.

My ex once got a tax credit overpayment notice for 1p

Got a letter yesterday saying our payments on the rent are incorrect, I called them and asked what was the problem, and weve been paying 3p less than what we've meant to be paying, I thought it was £79.54, its actually £79.57. They demanded I paid it there and then! We've only lived here 3months so it wasn't that much they were demanding, I said id send a cheque :D

Send them a 2p coin in an envelope. They won't know what to do with cash.

I had a demand for about 27p once. I wrote a cheque out to pay the bearer "the grand sum of 27p ONLY". Never heard from them since. Don't know if they cashed it.

yeah, gonna send 2p coin in the post and tell them I want a receipt!

Oh this thread has entertained me enormously and I wish I had creditors of such minor amounts that I could sauce in such a way:)

I think the 1p cheques suggestion gets my vote.

Sometimes it does make sense. If it is a final bill for a metered service, the customer has to be sent a bill to show the final meter readings. When I worked in accounts, we would send the bill but if it wasn't paid it would be written off. Surprising how often even bills for pennies were paid.