Alton towers

whats it like at Alton Towers?ok to drive from Sheffield?what age child is it aimed at?I have 4,8,10,12 and 14 year olds to entertain!Ta

Not been for 20 odd years, but you can drive to it from Sheffield in about an hour and half to just under 2 hours I think. It has stuff for all ages, from nice safe non scary stuff for tots, to big Rollercoasters etc for older kids.

Not been for 20 odd years, but you can drive to it from Sheffield in about an hour and half to just under 2 hours I think. It has stuff for all ages, from nice safe non scary stuff for tots, to big Rollercoasters etc for older kids.

Which way do you go to get there? :hihi: It only takes D2J 50 minutes :confused:

Which way do you go to get there? :hihi: It only takes D2J 50 minutes :confused:

Like I said, last time I went to Alton Towers was probably before your time! :hihi: Way back in the mid 80s.

Like I said, last time I went to Alton Towers was probably before your time! :hihi: Way back in the mid 80s.

but it was still in the same place!:huh:

Takes about an hour, sounds like the perfect place for the ages of kids you`re taking.

At the minute theres lots of special offers(ie 2 for 1 tickets at whsmith etc) saves you loads of cash!!:thumbsup:

We went a couple of years ago, and drove via Bakewell - it took us about an hour.

You've got a good range of ages there - I would say you might need some logistical planning because the rides that are suited for 4 year olds aren't the kind that 14 year olds want to go on.

My advice would be to get there early and if you and your elder children are wanting to go on the 'bigger' rides - Air, Rita etc - head straight for those before the queues start.

That said, I thought Rita was completely over-rated, but I did love Air!

whats it like at Alton Towers?ok to drive from Sheffield?what age child is it aimed at?I have 4,8,10,12 and 14 year olds to entertain!Ta

I can't remember how long it takes to get there but I your kids will almost certainly love it. Only thing is the little ones won't get to go on the best rides (obviously) it always really annoyed me having to sit and watch my brother and my dad go on the nemesis when we I was little. They've got stuff for little kids too though, and it seems amazing when you're small, the whole place.

They seem to be going more for the families, rather than big thrill rides. Promoting the hotels, which are quite alright.

There is a new bypass to get there which avoids the long windy village road of old.

We went a couple of years ago, and drove via Bakewell - it took us about an hour.

You've got a good range of ages there - I would say you might need some logistical planning because the rides that are suited for 4 year olds aren't the kind that 14 year olds want to go on.

My advice would be to get there early and if you and your elder children are wanting to go on the 'bigger' rides - Air, Rita etc - head straight for those before the queues start.

That said, I thought Rita was completely over-rated, but I did love Air!

Yeah definitely do this, by dinner time the big rides will be snided!

I agree "Air" is absolutely awesome!!!

A group of us from work are going the week after next. Hopefully it won't be too busy.

I also think Rita is overated.

It's going to be a long day for you if there's just you to look after 5 kids.

but it was still in the same place!:huh:

Takes about an hour, sounds like the perfect place for the ages of kids you`re taking.

At the minute theres lots of special offers(ie 2 for 1 tickets at whsmith etc) saves you loads of cash!!:thumbsup:

Yeah but we are older now and everything has got smaller, just look at Cadburys Cream Eggs.