Leather chair help

hi my grandson has drawn in permanant marker all over my leather chair. can anyone please tell me how i can get it out thanks

You can get permanent marker off with a solvent like acetone or isopropanol if you can get hold of any. Not sure it'd do the leather much good, especially if it is coated in anything or dyed.

Spray it with cheep hairspray/laquer rub it then use leather cleaning stuff after.

A good leather cleaner i use is from Job Lot or Homebargains by "Whizz" spray, it cleans it really well and leaves it coconut smelling. Its about 89p!!

Leather is porous so the colour will have soaked in. Its worth a try...other wise anything stronger would damage the leather and ruin the chair.

Edited by cruella

Might sound silly, but try WD40 spray, it's amazing what this will remove. Have used it to remove black marker pen from various items.

I'd second the WD40, but I'd try a product called 'sticky stuff remover' first. Both should do the trick without damaging the leather, but the seat will smell nicer after using the sticky stuff remover (smells of oranges).

ive heard wd40 does the trick, i always used deoderant to remove pen, have a go cant hurt it :D

after shave or deoderant i've used these many times to remove permenant pen ink

Get yourself a dry wipe pen or white board pen , go over the permanent marker with it , then it should wipe straight off.

Tricks of the trade when you work in a school lol.:hihi:

Did you get the stain out?? all these suggestions should have cured it?? The dry-wipe pen is the best one....i never thought of that!!

my nephew once wrote on my mums wall and i rubbed it with milk and it came off :)

My daughter once scribbled on my cream leather sofa with a felt tip pen and I got it out with nail varnish remover on a cotton wool bud and dab very gently. Do not rub as it may strip the leather off. Failing that try your insurance company if you are covered for accidental damage! Good luck