Thundercats live action/CGI movie

Topic.

Not sure if it's this year or 2010.. I want the movie to be good, but with the exception of stuff like Star Wars: Clone Wars these all CGI movies tend to be pants IMO.

Topic.

Not sure if it's this year or 2010.. I want the movie to be good, but with the exception of stuff like Star Wars: Clone Wars these all CGI movies tend to be pants IMO.

2010 is the planned release year, but no set date yet. To be honest I hope it is more akin to the recent TMNT movie (which felt perfectly like the old comic books - ie from before the 'hero' turtle nonsense), and less like Clone Wars which was a terrible film with stodgy animation (which is kind of strange as some of the episodes of the TV series that followed were fantastic - it is almost as if Lucas decided to use the weakest ones to bodge together into a film).

I've changed the title of this thread so it can be used for all discussion about this upcoming release.

2010 is the planned release year, but no set date yet. To be honest I hope it is more akin to the recent TMNT movie (which felt perfectly like the old comic books - ie from before the 'hero' turtle nonsense), and less like Clone Wars which was a terrible film with stodgy animation (which is kind of strange as some of the episodes of the TV series that followed were fantastic - it is almost as if Lucas decided to use the weakest ones to bodge together into a film).

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree there Beaky, IMO the Clone Wars movie is an 8/10 at least.

I pre-ordered the DVD pretty much as soon as I got back from seeing it at Cineworld.

I saw a trailer for this on youtube.. Do youn know if this film is still going ahead anyone?

after looking into this i realised this has been very well edited to make it seem a trailer haha

Edited by *Ryan*

Awsome trailer on youtube but its fake. If they can make the film anything like this then it should be quality!

Yeah thats the one!! Looks great, but apparently they shelved it a while ago.

Aye - it was shelved not long after Speed Racer died at the box office. Now there is a new animated series due for 2011 instead.