Anybody from firth park 1964/1983 ?

Hello, I went to Hucklow Road School c.1954, then on to Hinde House 1960-1964. The teachers I remember are from Hucklow Road Mr Gamble, Miss Toes, Mr Howe, Miss Lake, Mrs Smith and I think there was a Miss Barker. My friends at that time were Karen Laws, Pat Roberts, Valerie Justice. Then at Hinde House I met Linda Blackwell. I lived at Firth Park - and yes, Firth Park is not the place it used to be. Much more run down now, too many shops all the same (used to be a very good shopping centre) and many strange languages spoken!

I think you are my sisters age! Do you remember Hilary Fergus

Hello, The name doesn't sound familiar. However, doesn't mean to say that our paths didn't cross! I will be 66yrs old in 2 weeks time.

Im Alan Fergus and 64, Hilary is 67 this year

I remember Hillary. She was in my class at Huck Road. Amazingly she could recite Jabberwocky from memory. I think she lived on The Oval - Tideswell Road end at some time.

Darryl Nugent

Hi Daryl, We did live at 21 The Oval. When I see Hilary next week I'll see if she can still recite jabberwocky and remember you to her. Are you still at Firth Park

hi,just found this site,i lived on tideswell road(no 59).we had a huge conker tree in our front garden,i went to shiregreen school then onto hinde house.

Had a huge dog as well Shannon if my mind serves me right

Had a huge dog as well Shannon if my mind serves me right

wow,that's right you have a good memory,where about's at firth park did you live?

I lived on Horninglow rd, 1950/69. It was ok as was the area generally and I suppose I had a happy childhood.The house was typical of the many thereabouts, three bedrooms etx.

One thing that I often smile about was an occasion when my sister hitchiked up from Uni with a fellow student to stay a few days.

The guy who was studying fashion volunteered to emulsion the living but he wasnt much good getting paint in the right place--- anywhere but where it should be.

I sort of suggested he carried on with the day job.

As it happened he did pretty well in the end becoming world famous for his designs.

The well known Bruce Oldfield!!!

If the council knew about it they would put a blue plaque on the outside wall.

I & everyone at Hucklow went to Hinde House when it first opened in Sep 1956. Others in my class were David Nile (lived near Oval), Jennifer Hague (whose family had a fruit shop on Bellhouse Rd I think) & John Spencer (butcher). I have been in touch with David who has been to reunions but never seen Jennifer - anyone know if she is still around?

I lived at 31 and went to Hucklow from 57 to 64? think you lived next door to the Dumpletons? (or something like that) I remember the Leggitts at 27, the Thompsons at 33 and Bernard? who lived at 39? A girl called Tina lived at No 3 in the 50's/60's and went to High Storrs school.

The girl was called Tina Crawford, she was the cleverest girl in my class and Norman Coldwell the top boy. Tina lived at number 5 Tideswell, Mrs Burt at number three, my grandparents at number 1.

I'm hoping someone can help me. Just joined this site and realise this is an old post. I am looking for a Kath Burrows. She lived in Firth Park during the 1970's and joined South Yorkshire Police in 1976. She was a bubbly character and always made the room light up when she walked in. Now she would be 55 or 56 years old. If anyone can help with a possible married name or even let Kath know we are looking for her it would be great. The Intake is looking to reunite next year on our 40th anniverary, hence the reason for the help. Thank you