Anybody from firth park 1964/1983 ?

I lived on Tideswell road with my brother and three sisters from 1961 to 1969, I went to Hucklow road school then onto Hinde House. Firth park was a great place to live in those days, we had Longley park for football and then sledging in the winter and the Swiming baths in the summer. Firth parks park itself was great it had the playground area and the steep hills for sliding down on with my sheet of cardboard. I had a paper round that took in Merlin way, the Oval Horninglow road etc, wot happy days. I made friends with alan and andrew fergus, dennis shepherd, mick beckett, polly? les gladwin, peter wells, jonathan gilbert,susan howells, Susan Arundel (I still love her) john reeves, johnny leybourne. The Glovers, the cockings, the cutts and lots more. I remember the old Sarsparilla shop in firth park, the youth club, that was run by a guy called Elgin and his wife, and Brian who used to take us camping to Castleton. We used to go to Longley park on a sunday afternoon, play some football then listen to the radio all afternoon. We had Round the Horne, with kenneth williams then listen to the top 20 on the new Radio One channel. Happy days

hi,i lived on tideswell road,i went to shiregreen school and then onto hinde house,i had two older brothers and an older sister,i have happy memories of growing up in firth park

Does anyone remember the Irvings of The Oval. I used to work with Sue at Firth Park Bowling Alley. Thanks.

yeah i still go for a pint or 2 with archie :)

Hi I lived on the Oval and my Grandparents lived at No1 Tideswell Road. They were called Eddie and Elsie Lee my uncle Wayne also lived there. Wayne attended Hucklow and Hindehouse along with my sister Heather. My Grandad sold cigarettes, you could even buy one if you were short of cash. He kept a pile of change by the side of his chair.

Hi I lived on the Oval and my Grandparents lived at No1 Tideswell Road. They were called Eddie and Elsie Lee my uncle Wayne also lived there. Wayne attended Hucklow and Hindehouse along with my sister Heather. My Grandad sold cigarettes, you could even buy one if you were short of cash. He kept a pile of change by the side of his chair.

I remember your Grandparents, Mum used to send me for cigarettes. I also remember that they owned quite a few cats.

I used to live on the Oval, number 21 opposite Maun Way. What number were you at?

Alan

Hi Darrell Nugen Hi worked for FRED in the late 40,s morning papers were collected from his mothers house on Wheldrake Rd. The Star from the corner of Bellhouse /F/P/Rd outside the Yorkshire Bank were his brother Harry had a pitch. I had the round for the Star rear of clock tower down Hinde house Lane and all the Prefabs which was on the estate right down to Upwell St . FRED lived on. Lloyd St at that time . Is brother HARRY lived on Horinglow Rd about no 80 . on Sunday,s after delivering paper,s I got the job of collecting the paper money from the houses and it was nearly 1/o/clock when I finished at Lloyd Street. I left after some 3 yrs when I left school and it was sometime after this that he bought the shop I do not know what became of him and Harry later on

do you remember his sister she was a rtght cow i used to deliver papers for them in 1941

she always siad you were short wnen you collected paper money on a sunday morning

Does anyone remember the Irvings of The Oval. I used to work with Sue at Firth Park Bowling Alley. Thanks.

Yes, I remember Dave and Sue- I did a lot of drinking at the bowling alley in the early seventies-we had a team in the Monday trios. The beer was Youngers, and not up to much, but we had good times there.

do you remember his sister she was a rtght cow i used to deliver papers for them in 1941

she always siad you were short wnen you collected paper money on a sunday morning

I worked for Fred and he was a right tight old sod. He used to lay our papers out on the fridge and we stuffed lollies and ice creams into our paperbags when he wasn't looking!!

I used to live on the Oval, number 21 opposite Maun Way. What number were you at?

Alan

What years were you there?

I lived at 21 the Oval from 1956 until 1966. Anyone out there who remembers me?

Alan

what number did you live at, we lived at No 15. I remember fetching cigs for me mam from old mrs revill too. wot a small world. We moved when I was 17 I loved it at firth park tho, Long hot summers in Longley park, cold snowy winters were the snow came over the tops of me wellies and froze me feet, Running up to the Esseldo picture house, and the other one at top of Herries road. Going to Hinde house school, watching the Star Walk at the top of Longley lane and Barnsley road, oh happy days

I lived at 31 and went to Hucklow from 57 to 64? think you lived next door to the Dumpletons? (or something like that) I remember the Leggitts at 27, the Thompsons at 33 and Bernard? who lived at 39? A girl called Tina lived at No 3 in the 50's/60's and went to High Storrs school.