Anybody from firth park 1964/1983 ?

gfdgdfgfdgdfggggg

Edited by EdmundH

Wow... Yeah... Paragon fish and chips... with scraps... Beautiful... The only thing in this life better than Se..........:)

I remember after walking home from St Cuthberts youth club we would get ourselves chips steak n kidney pie, bread cake and a bottle of number 10 pop all for two bob. This was just after the chips had gone up from four pence to a tanner, they promised they would go down again but they never did.

On a saturday I and my mate Les Nicholson would often buy a small loaf from Styans then pull out the middle before stuffing it with a bag of chips.

ghghghghgh

Edited by EdmundH

Do you remember any of the teachers at Hucklow?

Miss Clarke

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 21:05 ----------

What about Miss Toes? Mrs Martin was the headmistress in the late 50's

i remember Miss Toes Miss Clarke and the Sico Kid on that little bike.

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 21:07 ----------

I also remember from Firth Park, Woodrows, Acasters, Carruthers, and Revills (not the sweet shop but a family who lived on the corner of the Oval.

i remember Mick Revill

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 21:11 ----------

I remember Miss James and Mrs Gaunt at Hucklow. Mrs Boyson - wasn't she the music teacher? Playing two balls against the wall round the corner by the girls toilets, and french skipping.

My sister went out with one of the Speights. There were the Grettons and the Burnhams on Downham and we used to play by the street lamp at the corner of downham road and tideswell road. It had 'arms' that were good for throwing tyres and ropes over to mess about on.

Spent half the summer down the donkey hill, grass sledging and stuff - yes, the holidays always seemed sunny then. Used to be out all day and go home for tea. My children have never had as much freedom as we had then.

i went to Huckalow road and spent many happy hours sledging down the Donkey hill in winter.

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 21:18 ----------

what number did you live at, we lived at No 15. I remember fetching cigs for me mam from old mrs revill too. wot a small world. We moved when I was 17 I loved it at firth park tho, Long hot summers in Longley park, cold snowy winters were the snow came over the tops of me wellies and froze me feet, Running up to the Esseldo picture house, and the other one at top of Herries road. Going to Hinde house school, watching the Star Walk at the top of Longley lane and Barnsley road, oh happy days

i did all that.

Oh, the donkey hill in Firth Park. I ruined lots of dresses on there sliding down on a piece of cardboard. Hours of fun which didn't cost a penny.

Remember the Ingrossos on Horndean Road.

i lived at 75 Horndean Road.

Oh, the donkey hill in Firth Park. I ruined lots of dresses on there sliding down on a piece of cardboard. Hours of fun which didn't cost a penny.

Ah good old days it was fun in winter sledging down there as well !

I & everyone at Hucklow went to Hinde House when it first opened in Sep 1956. Others in my class were David Nile (lived near Oval), Jennifer Hague (whose family had a fruit shop on Bellhouse Rd I think) & John Spencer (butcher). I have been in touch with David who has been to reunions but never seen Jennifer - anyone know if she is still around?

i must have been in your class. We were the first to go to Hinde House. I remember all those names. Neil Bridges

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 21:30 ----------

does any one remember Brenda May from Wincobank.

Ah good old days it was fun in winter sledging down there as well !

I too remember donkey hill in both summer & winter.We lived on Idsworth Road.Does anyone remember during the school summer holidays the council used to put a cabin up where you could rent footballs.golf putters etc.

loved firth park as a kid and growing up in the area ....all i can say is the lads i grew up with were quality  .....the amount of people that came down to downham rd ....2 f..k about was unreal .....getting chased off the dibble .....the oval merlin horninglow 60 steps ....air bombs at stare cats ....the grettons ...bowlings... stonesey....imfamous mr hind...mr inlkes ...denis ....curly ....cabbo ....lads off tideswell .....mr carty ( see u at tea time ).... sheedy steve h .....and me.....  and the birds that came down .....mint .....longley park firth park donkey hill.....and going in the wharny.....4 a few lagers ..... rip nigel wawaw 

Edited by drhs

Firth Park Hotel...About 1972 ish...Me dad used to drink in there...Us kids used to go up stairs and play on a REAL Piano...

The houses opposite in the distance had Garages below their houses..Looked posh..!

Just me?

9 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I reckon that could have been Earl marshal Rd some had gardens dug out and converted cellars into garages was quite posh on there in thd seventies and early eighties 😂

Yeah..Well on one drive they did have a Jag...!

Different story today i suspect.