Migrant crime toll rising

I do believe migrant crime is rising.

When I was in Thailand and Malaysia I saw loads of Brits trying to buy young girls (and boys) for sex.

The one that was bragging in a street bar, Chinatown, KL got a kicking from a bloke who was as unhappy as I was about his filthy crimes but had a shorter fuse.

Bloody migrant Brits, eh?

Sorry. Was the Op about filthy foreigners in the UK? :D

full of shizen as usual :rolleyes:

Don't talk crap.

well said its a shame about some folk

he may learn one day or not :rolleyes:

Will do the interpretation industry good though, which has to be a plus in these hard times :hihi:

your joking i hope they have all been on a power cruise for years .

Free health, education, accommodation, claim benefits no questions asked... Scream racism when something doesn't go their way AND get away with it. Yeah it must be horrible for them here.

Our goverment offer it, So whats the big deal in them accepting the offers?

we didnt complain too much when we got indians/african to do all our dirty work many moons ago did we?

we didnt complain too much when we got indians/african to do all our dirty work many moons ago did we?

what dirty work would that be ? ive never seen one job where the workforce was totally

indian or african

they were invited here to fill the jobs that were at the time being done by women due to the war,we lost a lot of men and had to have the women take over the jobs,then due to the loss of the men that died in the war England almost lost a generation,it was thought that we needed more children due to this so immigrants were asked if they would like to come here and work while the women retired and got on with bringing up their families or starting new ones

it had nothing to do with immigrants doing jobs white men wouldnt do,ask yourself this.who did them before immigration ? the white man, then he went off to serve his country and the women of England stepped in to fill those jobs, after the war years it was decided as i explained above,that we needed to boost the population due to war deaths .many of the immigrants were ex british service men who fought during the war, heres a link

http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/collection/ss-windrush/features/windrush-ten

hardly jobs the white man would not do is it ?

Edited by depoix

Think the key word is WORK,not many of us don't object to people who work,itd the scrounging toerags who don't work gets our backs up.

Aren't you confusing the overall crime rate with the prison population? Since most crimes don't attract a custodial sentence, surely your argument is skewed?

Around 1 in 10 prisoners is thought to be ex-services, usually army. More than 70% of the prison population is thought to have 2 or more diagnoses of mental illness. The prison population just isn't representative of the general population.

Which doesn't mean that immigration and crime is necessarily a non-issue, but let's keep it in proportion, eh? And this really is weak journalism, but then what would you expect from the Sheffield Star?

Well my dear Teafan, you are of course right that all statistics are open to question and interpretation. However, in my view the disproportionate number of foreigners in British jails is a significant indicator of the greater propensity of immigrants to these shores to commit serious criminal acts (the ones the indigenous population are more likely to be concerned about, because those in jail are more likely to be either guilty of serious crimes or are repeat offenders). Now I am sure if I had time I could add riders to these figures, or even find some way of explaining them away, but even so I think it likely that the argument I was rebutting (i.e. that immigrants commit crimes on a pro rata basis with the indigenous population) will stay rebutted. As for your points about soldiers and the mentally ill, surely these support the point I was making rather than undermine it - or have I missed something?

Well my dear Teafan, you are of course right that all statistics are open to question and interpretation. However, in my view the disproportionate number of foreigners in British jails is a significant indicator of the greater propensity of immigrants to these shores to commit serious criminal acts (the ones the indigenous population are more likely to be concerned about, because those in jail are more likely to be either guilty of serious crimes or are repeat offenders). Now I am sure if I had time I could add riders to these figures, or even find some way of explaining them away, but even so I think it likely that the argument I was rebutting (i.e. that immigrants commit crimes on a pro rata basis with the indigenous population) will stay rebutted. As for your points about soldiers and the mentally ill, surely these support the point I was making rather than undermine it - or have I missed something?

Possibly. My point was that you can't make reliable inferences about the general population by looking at the prison population. Otherwise 10% of us would be ex-army, and 70% of us would have significant mental health problems.

LC - who suggested that immigrants commit crimes on a pro rata basis with the indigents? Maybe I missed it, maybe it was just a well constructed straw man, please clarify.

LC - who suggested that immigrants commit crimes on a pro rata basis with the indigents? Maybe I missed it, maybe it was just a well constructed straw man, please clarify.

I am happy to clarify. See post 11 on this thread by Vulcan B2 and my reply (post 12).

Possibly. My point was that you can't make reliable inferences about the general population by looking at the prison population. Otherwise 10% of us would be ex-army, and 70% of us would have significant mental health problems.

Forgive me Teafan, but I am having difficulty in understanding the logic of your argument here. What these figures show is that foreigners, the mentally ill and ex-servicemen all have an above-average propensity to end up in jail. The inference I make from this in relation to these three groups is that they all have a greater than average propensity to engage in criminal acts which are deemed serious enough to warrant incarceration.

Now, of course, there could be other explanations, i.e. that these three groups merely have an above-average propensity to get caught, but I personally don't find this argument particularly convincing. It is also quite possible (indeed even probable) that there are different reasons for the criminal propensities of these groups, but none of this in my view undermines the central fact that foreigners have an above average propensity to engage in serious criminal behaviour.

What would be useful to know is whether people born abroad are generally more likely to commit crimes than people born here, or whether it's a case of serious, organised crime merchants taking advantage of freedom of movement in the EU.

The prison stats quoted by Lord Chaverley (link please?) are certainly worrying, but it is possible that this reflects organised crime going pan-European rather than a generally higher offending rate for the wider migrant community.

It would also be useful to know by which route these people in prison arrived in the UK, as there are a number of possible ways; freedom of entry to EU nationals, student visas, the asylum route, the more tightly-controlled non-EU migration, plus illegal entry. That would give a much better picture of what is happening and what can be done about it.

Of course, with the influx of immigrants the crime rate is bound to go up pro rata

Is not the same as saying that immigrants commit crimes at the same level as the indigents... Or at least that's not how I read it.

Edit - to answer some of Teafans points.

Immigrants are far more likely to be young and male, people committing crime tend to be young and male as well (ex servicemen also tend to be male, young I'm not so sure).

If we compare the crime rate amongst immigrants to the entire indigent population it will obviously be much higher.

If we compare it to the a representative demographic, well, that would be more interesting and useful data. What would be really really interesting, would be if we could find some sort of common factor that would allow the likely criminal immigrants to be denied entry.

It might also be worth considering the proportions of legal and illegal immigrants jailed compared to the proportions present in the country.

If the vast majority are illegals then to continue to try to stop illegal immigration is the obvious answer as you can't filter out people who never apply for entry.

Edited by Cyclone