Have you or anyone been caught by the average-speed cameras M1?

Have you or anyone been caught by the average speed cameras M1?

No. .

Not sure if they're set up yet.

Are these the ones on the section near Nottingham?

I've not been caught. Not a fan of SPECs cameras on the whole, but do agree with their use through roadworks as they appear to prevent traffic bunching up (and the associated tail-backs from braking), not to mention the safety aspect for workers.

no and if you have you have to be pretty daft- they are average speed camera's - you you actually have to not see the million 'average speed camera' signs- plus the huge '50' signs they have to get caught.

You also have to not see the cameras themselves and not be savvy enough to have a camera-alerting bit of tech in your car. Never heard of anyone being caught by them, but they do seem to work well in roadworks. Don't want to see them anywhere else though.

I've never been caught by them but whenever I'm driving through them sticking to the limit there's always 1 or 2 cars zipping past much faster and I always wonder if they have inside knowledge or are just plain stupid! lol

You really have very little excuse if you are caught by the average speed cameras.

The only ones I can think of where you might have an excuse are the ones on the Stocksbridge Bypass. There are many people who believe that you can go 70mph down there because of the National Speed Limit signs. However 60mph is the NSL for a single-carriage road, which the Bypass is for most of its length (the crawler lanes up the hills being the exception)

You've got to remember your car's speedometer is most likely set on the "safe" side by a few mph and that the calculations of the cameras may have a similar margin of error. You'd probably only get a ticket if you averaged an actual 55+ through the whole stretch. To my mind, taking that gamble of a fine and points for what is clearly only going to be 8-10 seconds time saving ain't worth it.

I read that if you change lanes they are no good.

I'd be very surprised if that was the case.