Men going topless in Public

If it was up to some of you liberal exhibitionists with your let it all hang out attitude, more of us of all ages and shapes and sizes would be walking around half naked in public, what a dreadful sight that would be.

That's probably it, isn't it. Most of those whining about topless men are basically in bad shape and ashamed to be see topless themselves, so they don't want those of us who aren't ashamed of our bodies to be enjoying getting some sun on our skin.

That's probably it, isn't it. Most of those whining about topless men are basically in bad shape and ashamed to be see topless themselves, so they don't want those of us who aren't ashamed of our bodies to be enjoying getting some sun on our skin.
I've got a massive schlong that I'm not ashamed of. I've often wanted to get it out in public to "get some sun on it". I never have done though.

Because to me manners and consideration for others is more important than massaging my ego.

I've got a massive schlong that I'm not ashamed of. I've often wanted to get it out in public to "get some sun on it". I never have done though.

Because to me manners and consideration for others is more important than massaging my ego.

I'm quite considerate and I've got good manners.

But I don't pander to the irrational prejudices of others. If some small-minded individuals have a problem with the way I dress, my tattoos, or the fact that I take my top off in hot sun, then it is indeed their problem.

They're are plenty of places to get the sun on your skin, without walking around topless in supermarkets and around shopping areas.

If you must parade about showing off what you appear to consider is a great body that everyone needs to see, go and sunbathe in a park, Sheffield has enough of them. :)

If you must parade about showing off what you appear to consider is a great body that everyone needs to see.....

You're being disingenious. I've previously given my reasons for going topless-

I've been walking around topless quite a bit this year. Partly cos i have very pale skin that rarely tans and I'm finding that going about my business without a shirt definitly helps with that.

Partly cos I'm into health/good diet etc, and sun is an excellent source of vitamin D, which many studies are showing we are often deficient in (probably due to the amount of chemical sun protection we now use, and yes, I am somewhat sceptical about the skin cancer hype, especially with vitamin D deficiency being a possible cause of cancer).

But mainly cos it just feels really good- in hot bright weather it's a natural thing to shed the shirt- just not pleasant to have a hot sweaty bit of cloth on.

Fact is, the 2 main reasons, IMO, that people don't go topless in stunningly hot weather, is that they're either ashamed of their bodies (I'm not), or they're scared by what other people 'think' (I'm not).

It's sad that other people feel negative/aggressive/insulted by my choice to expose my flesh to the rays of mother Sol, but, if they have a problem with it, i do see it as their problem (as opposed to mine).

If anyone can come up with a some decent rational reasons why I should cover up, then I am of course, ready to listen.

(I do always have a t-shirt ready for if I go in supermarkets/shops, not because I think it's an issue, but purely cos I can't be bothered with the inevitable hassle).

I do feel very comfortable with my body- I'm in good shape: but I certainly don't go topless because, as you seem to be claiming, I want to show off or impress other people. I'm very aware of how nasty, vindictive and full of prejudice other peoples minds can be when faced with anything that goes against their fixed ideas of how things should be done- for that reason I'm aware that they won't be at all impressed.

I'm dissapointed that you've fallen to the trolling level- if that's all you've got, I'll cease to engage with your posts on this topic. If you do feel able to quibble with any of my above reasons in a rational way though, I'll happily respond.

They're are plenty of places to get the sun on your skin, without walking around topless in supermarkets and around shopping areas.

I'm extremely white and pale skinned. I do not have time available to lay in parks sunbathing to the extent that I would aquire either the protective tan necessary, or, the levels of vitamin D, than I can get going about my daily business topless/cycling topless etc.

As I've now said about 10 times, I DO NOT GO TOPLESS IN SUPERMARKETS

I do feel very comfortable with my body- I'm in good shape: but I certainly don't go topless because, as you seem to be claiming, I want to show off or impress other people. I'm very aware of how nasty, vindictive and full of prejudice other peoples minds can be when faced with anything that goes against their fixed ideas of how things should be done- for that reason I'm aware that they won't be at all impressed.

I'm dissapointed that you've fallen to the trolling level- if that's all you've got, I'll cease to engage with your posts on this topic.If you do feel able to quibble with any of my above reasons in a rational way though, I'll happily respond.

I'm extremely white and pale skinned. I do not have time available to lay in parks sunbathing to the extent that I would aquire either the protective tan necessary, or, the levels of vitamin D, than I can get going about my daily business topless/cycling topless etc.

As I've now said about 10 times, I DO NOT GO TOPLESS IN SUPERMARKETS

You're sounding untypically "shirty" today, no need for that.

Though admittedly the response was inevitable in view of my last comment, which wasn't meant to offend or be taken quite so seriously.

You're sounding untypically "shirty" today, no need for that.

Though admittedly the response was inevitable in view of my last comment, which wasn't meant to offend or be taken quite so seriously.

I'm aspergic Janie- 'normals' frequently perceive aspergics as taking things 'too seriously'. :)

The truth is, I've given damned good reasons why I go topless, asked people who object to address them, and had not one single rational objection to them, or even an attempt to address them.

That's on a 16 page thread full of insinuation and insult saying that men who go topless anywhere but a beach are undignified, rude, uncaring of the feelings of others, dirty, sweaty, fat, thin and a whole host of other non-rational prejudice based insults.

NOT ONE ATTEMPT to address the perfectly valid justifications I put forward for taking off my shirt.

Does that give you some indication of how frustrating it is trying to communicate with you people?

No wonder human history is littered with slavery, racism, witch hunts and slaughter of those whose only crime is to be different.

Do you not realise that irrational prejudice on a small scale (i.e. a man not wearing his shirt on a sunny day) can only facilitate the irrational polarisation that leads to the big prejudices?

If you must parade about showing off what you appear to consider is a great body that everyone needs to see, go and sunbathe in a park, Sheffield has enough of them. :)

I don't think he's said anywhere that he walks round in supermarkets with his top off, has he?

I don't think he's said anywhere that he walks round in supermarkets with his top off, has he?

Thank you. :)

At last, someone who actually reads my posts :)

You're 100% right- in fact I've stated clearly around 10 times that I do not go topless in supermarkets.

(not cos I think it's wrong, but purely cos I don't want the inevitable hassle).

Thank you. :)

At last, someone who actually reads my posts :)

You're 100% right- in fact I've stated clearly around 10 times that I do not go topless in supermarkets.

(not cos I think it's wrong, but purely cos I don't want the inevitable hassle).

Which places, if any, do you think it is unacceptable to go topless?

jb

Which places, if any, do you think it is unacceptable to go topless?

jb

Personally, I wouldn't go topless in any shops, or city centres. I'd keep it restricted to parks, gardens, beaches or holiday resorts.

Again, purely for the same reasons Dave has described.

I'm aspergic Janie- 'normals' frequently perceive aspergics as taking things 'too seriously'. :)

The truth is, I've given damned good reasons why I go topless, asked people who object to address them, and had not one single rational objection to them, or even an attempt to address them.

That's on a 16 page thread full of insinuation and insult saying that men who go topless anywhere but a beach are undignified, rude, uncaring of the feelings of others, dirty, sweaty, fat, thin and a whole host of other non-rational prejudice based insults.

NOT ONE ATTEMPT to address the perfectly valid justifications I put forward for taking off my shirt.

Does that give you some indication of how frustrating it is trying to communicate with you people?

No wonder human history is littered with slavery, racism, witch hunts and slaughter of those whose only crime is to be different.

Do you not realise that irrational prejudice on a small scale (i.e. a man not wearing his shirt on a sunny day) can only facilitate the irrational polarisation that leads to the big prejudices?

To extend your argument though, there is no good reason to require that anyone where any clothes in public.

And indeed there are people that think this. (And I can see there logic, I don't personally want to wander around naked, but I think we should be free to do so).

The law however, which in theory is based on the wants and needs of society disagrees and defines exposure of various parts of our body as being indecent and a crime.

As I alluded to several times, this is a hangover from the Victorian period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorian_morality

Victorian prudery sometimes went so far as to deem it improper to say "leg" in formal company; instead, the preferred euphemism “limb” was used. Those going for a swim in the sea at the beach would use a bathing machine

Clearly things have become more liberal since then, but we still have issues with sex, nudity and so on that are less extreme in most of the rest of Europe.