Men going topless in Public

Men going topless in public?

Yuk!

Only places men should strip off is on the beach and in the bedroom. (OK, maybe a park.)

Everywhere else (IMO) is inappropriate.

And please could someone teach them how to look cool, as well as stay cool, in hot weather.

Anywhere there is food, whether it be the supermarket or fast food joint it's not acceptable. Mostly from a hygiene stand point.

In these types of places it should be a strict no shirt no service policy.

Also on public transport. I'm sure no-one wants to sit on a seat with a damp backrest from some oik that's sweated all over it.

Out of interest, how are bare arms, face and head different to bare chest or back?

Out of interest, how are bare arms, face and head different to bare chest or back?

There's a tendency to cite hygiene as the issue, but I can't see that it's that big a deal. There'll be more germs on your hands than on your torso. More chance of foreign bodies dropping out of your hair than off your chest!

People always go on about how unhygienic it is to go to the supermarket in pyjamas, as if it were any worse than wearing overalls, or mucky boots!

The issues for me, as Ms Macbeth and yourself have already said, are appropriateness and respect (for others and self!)

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 14:08 ----------

It's mainly young men .If you've got the body for it what's the problem?

Who is it offending? If the weather is suitable, why not have men's topless

football matches? Now that would be gorgeous.

I've been surprised to see quite a few bare-torsoed blokes old enough to know better (pension age, I'd say) strolling through town.

Edited by Olive

We should probably all be far less uptight about bodies, everyone should be able to adopt whatever state of undress they wish.

We should probably all be far less uptight about bodies, everyone should be able to adopt whatever state of undress they wish.

Someone on my workgroup facebook page has just posted about not being able to wear shorts in this hot weather, there were some posts a short discussion and then the thread was locked.

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 15:04 ----------

The issues for me, as Ms Macbeth and yourself have already said, are appropriateness and respect (for others and self!)

An old-fashioned view, are you an older person?

I wouldn't get on public transport without a shirt on but I have seen many that do and they smell! I wouldn't fancy being the one to wash the seat covers.

Someone on my workgroup facebook page has just posted about not being able to wear shorts in this hot weather, there were some posts a short discussion and then the thread was locked.

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 15:04 ----------

An old-fashioned view, are you an older person?

Older than what?

What's old fashioned about having a bit of class?

Older than what?

What's old fashioned about having a bit of class?

It's more to do with dignity and decency than anything I think - and I'm not an old person. Just someone who has standards.

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 21:13 ----------

It was the sight of this rather portly man leaning over into a freezer and wiping his very hairy and doubtless sweaty armpit along the top that made me feel quite nauseous

:gag:

This sums it up.

It's more to do with dignity and decency than anything I think - and I'm not an old person. Just someone who has standards.

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 21:13 ----------

This sums it up.

I am an older person, but I agree with you. Standards have little to do with age.

Away from a beach or a pool, I find open toed sandals on men offensive. Who do these people think they are subjecting us all to their feet? :gag:

Edited by The Moon

Why don't we just ban all ugly people from the streets until night time?

Edited by leviathan13