Has anyone been to Paris recently?

We've cancelled our Paris trip now. I'm expecting so thought we'd cancel it, save the money and spend it on the little one :hihi:

I can't moan too much, we've already got a holiday booked to Turkey in August for 2 weeks :)

Glad you had a nice time though! :thumbsup:

We got back from Paris yesterday and it was fantastic, everything i imagined it would be . We managed to see Notre Dame , le louvre( the Mona Lisa) L'arc de Triomph , The Eiffel Tower and travelled on the river Seine. It was quite expensive to eat and drink but we had expected that. :)

Glad you had a good time, we went at the beginning of May, saw similar things to yourself and had a fantastic time too, although the men selling those Tower Keyrings, scarves etc around the tower began to more than grate by the last day. We use the open tour bus too to get around and see the different sites, great being able to hop on and off. Went to Montmarte too which was beautiful, loved the atmosphere in the street cafes in teh square by the artists. We stayed at the 4 star Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel Hotel which was literally 5 minutes from the tower.

Glad you had a good time, we went at the beginning of May, saw similar things to yourself and had a fantastic time too, although the men selling those Tower Keyrings, scarves etc around the tower began to more than grate by the last day. We use the open tour bus too to get around and see the different sites, great being able to hop on and off. Went to Montmarte too which was beautiful, loved the atmosphere in the street cafes in teh square by the artists. We stayed at the 4 star Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel Hotel which was literally 5 minutes from the tower.

LOL the sellers of eiffel crap were entertaining, We managed to barter down to 4 euros for a cheesy tower and even got the light up box with it , it was worth the 4 euros for the fun of it , yes they are annoying but the one we bought it from was very humourous.:hihi:

We got back from Paris yesterday and it was fantastic, everything i imagined it would be . We managed to see Notre Dame , le louvre( the Mona Lisa) L'arc de Triomph , The Eiffel Tower and travelled on the river Seine. It was quite expensive to eat and drink but we had expected that. :)

I have been to Paris three times, and have visited the places you mention. Did you notice how small The Mona Lisa is? I am totally in agreement with your comments. I also saw shows at the Follies Bergere and the Moulin Rouge. Napoleon's tomb is well worth a visit too,

Edited by Nigel Womersle