What were you doing 20 years ago today 15/04

i was at this match .a sad day i went to all semi finals at hillsborough and never had any problem .the only differance at this game was that there were no barriers on leppings lane. previous semis barriers were up and if you didnt have a ticket the police would not let you on .so who made that dissicion not to have them up on that day?

justice for the 96!!!

I was a 20 year old steward on the Leppings Lane upper tier, i have my own views of the day, why it happened, what happened etc, i saw it first hand. I never stewarded again after that day.

Probably playing army or somethin similar, I was 11

i was at home looking after my baby daughter when an appeal went out for any medics in the area to go to the Hillsborough ground to assist with the injured. My partner went, but there was nothing to do when he arrived except to was certify the dead (he's a Dr). it was a truly dreadful day, and he has never spoken of what he saw. My thoughts are with all of those involved in that terrible day.

I spent the evening at Hillsborough Boys club which was the reception centre for those affected by the tragedy.

At first i was just there to listen to the friends and families of the victims but later manned the phone as enquiries came in from liverpool.

An evening I will never forget.

Oh :( my sincere apologies. I completely overlooked the meaning of this thread. I thought it was a strange thread to put up asking what you were doing 20 years ago, very random, now the penny has just dropped, oops! No disrespect meant...

Was waiting for the 436 bus in Fitzalan Square.

Remember it well, an elderly gentleman at the bus stop told me what had happened.

RIP.

i will have only been nealy 2 and being neglected at the time so i dont rememer this but idread to think how bad it was from what i have seen and heard tday

I was about 10 years old and I'd been on a school trip to Wales that week. We were on the coach on the way home to Chesterfield when the news came on the Radio. One of the female teachers was distressed and being comforted by the other teachers because her husband and son had gone to the match. As soon as the coach reached the school she lept off it - presumably heading for a phone. I remember thinking that I'd never seen anyone move so fast. I can't have really comprehended what I'd heard about trouble at a football match.

it was 10-30am and i was watching tele..the phone rang and my mate said (were on our way to pick you up,got you a ticket for the match as a birthday pressie) superb i say,see you in an hour or so.............30 mins later theres a knock at my door--its a friend i'd been working with for a few weeks,he's come round to beg me to work today as he has an important job to finish...i say no,no,no i'm going to the match...next thing he's offered me double wages for an afternoons work,dinner thrown in,lift home etc etc........after 10 mins i say ok i'll work then....quick change of cloth'es then off out...wrote a note to stick on my door saying to my mates that i had to work and to sell the ticket,,i would meet them in the pub later................never did get to meet them in the pub,,one of them was found with a spare ticket in his pocket.......

i wasnt born untill june 89 so i was jus a twincle lol