The Hillsborough Disaster Remembrance thread

Can't remember if I was at home or my parents on the day but remember hearing it on the radio. My parents being part of a local church at the time got called in to sit with some of the grieving supporters. Will try and get down to the walled garden sometime today.

As a lifelong Liverpool supporter, this day always upsets me as my dad was meant to go to this game but last minute plans changed things. I was only 5 at the time, but I still remember it vividly and even seeing small bits on TV this morning have had me in tears.

RIP to the 96, and their family & friends will be in my thoughts and prayers today especially xxxx

Thinking of the 96 and countless others whose lives were changed forever.

My thoughts will be with you all, I will never forget that day

So sad, my thoughts are with the 96 x

I had a relative there that day. They were not hurt, but today they feel as though they are choking and suffocating. Will be keeping the silence at 3 :06.:|

Called into the Walled Garden this lunchtime for 5/10 mins.I was surprised there were so few people there, it was just like any other day. Is the ground open to the public today?

I am not a football fan but always keep remembrance of that awful day, I was passing the ground on the bus while it was happening and we could hear it all on someone's radio, the whole thing affected me profoundly, and still makes me tear up now if I think of it.

If it hadn't been for being with my two young children I would definitely have got off the bus to help in some way.

God bless to all who lost their lives that day, and also to the families that lost loved ones.

The walled garden is a beautiful place to remember and visit by the families, long may it be.

my thoughts are also with the families of those so tragically lost on that day but at the same time my thoughts will also be with the families of the 66 fans killed on stairway 13 on 2 january 1971 at ibrox,

I don't remember this day as I was only *nearly* a year old but I knew some vague details of it before and this year actually looked into it to find out exactly what it was that I was reflecting upon.

I shall keep my opinions off this thread but I will be stopping work at 3:06 for a moment's silence (providing I don't get a customer!) and my thoughts will be with the families of those lost on that dreadful day. I cannot imagine a worse shock and my feelings really are with them today.

I hope that, as others have said, no football rivalry comes into it today - it's just not the time or place.

i cant believe it was 20 yrs ago,

i can remember hearing at all on the local radio,

R.I.P. all 96 of you