Unprovoked attack in Darnall 14/04/09

Thank you. I hope your son has recovered from his ordeal. Though I have to say I'm really not suprised. Nor would I be suprised to hear that these incidents happen on a daily basis. This country needs sorting out and fast.

I'm sorry for your son, and he definitely should go and get checked out if he's had a head injury.

But when you say this country needs sorting out, I'd ask who by? - because in the case of your son, your family aren't doing anything to help sort things out - you really should report to the police, it's no good just posting on the forum, that won't change anything at all.

Talkin about the asian community in darnall causin trouble..this has been goin on for years now..my friend who I have known for 30yrs has always lived in darnall..their own house...and its a corner house..with a big boarding on the side advertising various things...few years ago it was advertising sun lotion or something that a woman was advertising in a bikini...the asians or whoever it was round there at the time..set fire to it cause they said it was disrespectful to their women...my friend obviously called the police fire service etc...they turned up..put the fire out..which was also threatening my friends house...then went..but the police wouldnt take action against the culprits who had done it..who were stood watchin while all this was kicking off.....so she made a formal complaint to the council who put her in touch with the folk who own the boarding on her house...they wouldnt take it down...and to keep my friend sweet...they presented her with a tin of roses chocolates.....supposedly to keep her quiet I guess.....isnt it awful we have to live like this...so this kind of thing has been ongoing for a long time..just we never hear of it as often as it happens.....frightening world I think....

When has this happened?

It does happen and every time anyone mentions it, they get challenged to provide specific incidents.

A friend of a friend has just gone to prison for fighting back when he was attacked my an asian and coming out on top.

Hello all. As can be seen from our name, we are the local Safer Neighbourhood Policing team covering Darnall, Handsworth, Tinsley and Attercliffe.

I have read the entries on this thread and can I offer the opportunity for the original poster to contact us on 0114 2964438 so that we can record the incident or offer advice.

We did receive information about an incident that seems to be this one or one similar at just after 7pm yesterday. Officers were on the scene within 3 minutes but the persons involved had left the scene. Officers stayed in the area to try to locate the victim/offenders but were unable to.

Please be reassured that we will treat any information in confidence.

Thank you

and because people dont report it so the offenders get away with it .i think the people of this country are now sick of this attitude by ethnic minorieties. while ever people dont report these things they will win all the time .the more these things are reported the more the police will have to take notice and eventually take note that the race card is not going to work all the time. remember history repeats itself and hopefully very soon the judges in this country will have a back bone and hand out the sentences these people deserve but only if people report these instances in the first place

its only deemed a racist attack when white ppl attack non whites.otherwise its just an assault

dont be so harsh, i understand hes scared of it coming back on him and his family i myself have seen what happens in these situations, the accused in this case probably comes from a large family and has lots of freinds and i belive they would cause a "fuss" with the lad and/or his family and what have ya if police action was taken against them. maybe he is just scared for others and not himself and when its your nearest and dearest its them that are your priority at the end of the day.

to the op sorry to hear this has happend to your lad hun and hope he makes a speedy recovery but as has been said keep an eye on him. and maybe give him a day or two then talk about reporting it just take some pics of injurys as a just incase we need them type thing hun :thumbsup:

i understand what point you are trying to make but thugs like these depend on the victim being afraid to report it thats where they get their strength from,it probably was'nt their first victim and definately not gonna be their last.Fools like them when they get away with attacks like this(they think they have)always try it again wait and see

i understand what point you are trying to make but thugs like these depend on the victim being afraid to report it thats where they get their strength from,it probably was'nt their first victim and definately not gonna be their last.Fools like them when they get away with attacks like this(they think they have)always try it again wait and see

i dont doubt it but if the police could assist more with any harrassment caused then maybe victims wouldnt be so afraid? people dont report these incidents because they know the police cant protect them or their family while the courts deal with it. and lets say they get off without custodial sentence whats to stop them harrassing the victim even more? these people are not afraid of the police they know how to work the system to their advantage.

im not sayin i agree or disagree with you on this but lets look at the choices this kid has seriousy

a - the victim reports it and it goes to court eventually and all the while the victim is harrassed by the accusseds family and freinds. if the victim still continues after the harrasment and the accused is served with probation or community service or what ever. whats to stop him going out to harm the victim again in some sort of revenge attack which could result in the lad actually dying but at least the killer will then get a custodial i suppose?

b - the victim stays quiet and hopes he wil never see the accussed again and it will all go away, and that way there will be no harrassment no long drawn out court case no stress and pressure on an alreadt upset stressed out young man.

i can kinnda see why the lad doesnt wanna press charges i dont think id do it either, to me the end just doesnt justify the means.

i dont agree,do nothing- they dont just go away lad becomes frightened victim living in constant fear not peace there are other options such as rehousing where harassment etc involved.Recently after a battle at my sons school two asian boys were hospitalised,there was a massive protest by the asian community outside school but in britain we just let it slide,i understand the concerns but its time to act,whether asians,gangs,drug dealers,etc,etc.

Hello all. As can be seen from our name, we are the local Safer Neighbourhood Policing team covering Darnall, Handsworth, Tinsley and Attercliffe.

I have read the entries on this thread and can I offer the opportunity for the original poster to contact us on 0114 2964438 so that we can record the incident or offer advice.

We did receive information about an incident that seems to be this one or one similar at just after 7pm yesterday. Officers were on the scene within 3 minutes but the persons involved had left the scene. Officers stayed in the area to try to locate the victim/offenders but were unable to.

Please be reassured that we will treat any information in confidence.

Thank you

this is a great start and the way forward

Is it worth involving the local imams in cases like these?

I would like to ask Darnall SNA if these comments are true and is Darnall becoming a no go area for whites,

Are attacks of this nature on the increase, or are the majority of people being paranoid, they must have the answers surely