Unprovoked assault on woman by G20 police - do you recognise this officer?

She was in his face shouting abuse, hes an officer of the law, whats he suppose to do??

People moan how the police are a soft touch so on and when they inforce some authority they get shot down.

She was in his face shouting abuse, hes an officer of the law, whats he suppose to do??

People moan how the police are a soft touch so on and when they inforce some authority they get shot down.

Completely agree with you on this, perhaps people should start to respect the police.

I agree with Matty, she got warned several times and she was screaming abuse at a Police Officer - usually they get arrested and charged for that.

I get the feeling most of these "officers" are much like a minority of nightclub bouncers. Lack of IQ, itching for a fight, have been given an ounce of power and suddenly think they are above everyone...

Why has it taken so long for this to come to light I wonder ?

I thought it was very well orchestrated by the protesters, just happened to be yet again right in front of all the cameras

in his deffence he followed police training procedures and told her to get back at least twice she then approached him thats when he used his baton.

im not deffending his actions as i would have expected him to arrest her not slip away into the crowd.

Why would I, or anyone else, recognise this officer given he is serving with either City of London Police or the Met? :huh:

What I find more worrying than a few isloated minor incidents between left-wing agitators and the law is the fact that several sections of the media are trying to undermine the police and encourage people to lose their respect for the forces of law and order.

These protestors were violent thugs looking for a confrontation - I believe we should support the police in their efforts to protect ordinary law-abiding people from them.

What I find more worrying than a few isloated minor incidents between left-wing agitators and the law is the fact that several sections of the media are trying to undermine the police and encourage people to lose their respect for the forces of law and order.

These protestors were violent thugs looking for a confrontation - I believe we should support the police in their efforts to protect ordinary law-abiding people from them.

Did we watch the same film? Or are you talking about the police?

The whole point of protesting is that you feel strongly about something and if push come to shove (excuse the pun) then you will do somethign about it. It's not as if these people were protesting about the inhumane conditions of convicted child molesters, they were protesting about the shocking state of the economy.

If people do not protest about things strongly then politicians will just run roughshod over everyone and we will be unable to do anything, we will be under curfew and not allowed to speak out.

Just ask one of 114 people arrested yesterday for just contemplating a protest, let alone actually doing anything, about how this government is becoming a dictastorship where you cannot speak out against them.

Simple really, not assault her. She did absolutely nothing to warrant being beaten like that. Asking 'what are you doing?' after an officer of the law has apparently just smacked you round the face when you weren't threatening him at all is not tantamount to screaming abuse.

The whole point of protesting is that you feel strongly about something and if push come to shove (excuse the pun) then you will do somethign about it. It's not as if these people were protesting about the inhumane conditions of convicted child molesters, they were protesting about the shocking state of the economy.

If people do not protest about things strongly then politicians will just run roughshod over everyone and we will be unable to do anything, we will be under curfew and not allowed to speak out.

Just ask one of 114 people arrested yesterday for just contemplating a protest, let alone actually doing anything, about how this government is becoming a dictastorship where you cannot speak out against them.

Well said...Police are becoming government tools rather than public servants.

I can't see anyone condoning this unless you have a thing for beating on women.

Ok...she was loud...so what?...shall we beat every female across the legs with a truncheon because their loud?...Hell, 90 percent of the female population would be crippled.

Big man, big truncheon...gutless trash! Protected by the same.IMO