Unprovoked assault on woman by G20 police - do you recognise this officer?

Why weren't these thugs at work like most decent people. Unemployable crusties like these thugs are the reason that this country is in a mess. Stop their benefits now.

They were at work - they were the Police.

Am I the only one that thinks that these protestors got what they deserved? OK not the poor guy that died (who wasn't a protestor). Anyone disturbing the peace, generally being verbally and aggressively violent deserves to be treated like the idiots that they are. The police go off like this on a weekly basis towards football fans, but why isn't this reported? The protestors basically just want to cause a fuss for just about anything, I don't see what the police have to apologise for. If you don't want a push or a slap, don't start smashing up London for no reason...

Am I the only one that thinks that these protestors got what they deserved? OK not the poor guy that died (who wasn't a protestor). Anyone disturbing the peace, generally being verbally and aggressively violent deserves to be treated like the idiots that they are. The police go off like this on a weekly basis towards football fans, but why isn't this reported? The protestors basically just want to cause a fuss for just about anything, I don't see what the police have to apologise for. If you don't want a push or a slap, don't start smashing up London for no reason...

Erm...I don't think she was "smashing up London".

That's what the appologists of police thuggery would like you to believe...and winning too. It seems.

The footage was shot at the vigil for Ian Tomlinson the day after he died of an abnormal hemorrhage (not the heart attack the police coroner had said).

It was part vigil for a dead man, part a protest against the random police beatings.

And you want to turn a water cannon on those who cared enough to attend.

I know who the dead mans family would thank - and it isn't you.

You mean that all so innocent one who stood out because he was wearing that Millwall football shirt, who by coincidence had been filmed standing in front, blocking the police van at least an hour before was batoned?

(Photograph published in the London newspapers on April 6th)

I'm sorry the man died; but random was it? Time will tell.

A vigil was it?

Yet so many protesters were still waving their placards against everything under the sun!

Why should Londoners have to put up with the inconvience of a visit from "rent a mob" , at least once every spring during students' holidays?

Edited by geocol

"rent a mob"

Oh, THAT old chestnut.

How much do you think they were paid then?

I'm still waiting for my £30 and a packed lunch which I was supposed to get from Linda McCartney. Paul has stopped answering my letters so I think I'm going to have to sue to get my pay that I was promised from my days of being employed as a "rent a mob"

It seems a bit dodgy that the IPCC should have been barred from the first inquest in to Ian Tomlinson's death.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/law_order/g20+death+post+mortem+ipcc+barred/3096162

They certainly seem far from happy with the behaviour of the police:

"I think that raises serious concerns about the frontline supervision," Hardwick said. "Why was that happening, why did the supervisor not stop them? What does that say about what your state of mind is? You were expecting trouble?

"I think that is unacceptable. It is about being servants, not masters: the police are there as public servants."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/apr/19/ipcc-police-g20-protests

No Paul you are not, and all the fuss being made about this incident could lead to some serious disturbances in future, because the Police will be so reluctant to use force and the 'protesters', as we will call them, will start pushing them to the limit !

With regards to the treatment of football fans, it was only a couple of seasons back that supporters of Man Utd, Bolton and Tottenham were batoned mercilessly at away fixtures in Europe, oh how our bleeding heart liberals would love that sort of treatment :gag:

From what I could hear the first thing the woman in question said was "how dare you, I’m a woman" .. frankly is she is prepared to act like an idiot she deserves to be treated like one.

From what I could hear the first thing the woman in question said was "how dare you, I’m a woman" .. frankly is she is prepared to act like an idiot she deserves to be treated like one.

Luckily, the CPS take a different point of view:)

Pleased Alison will have her day in court unlike Ian Tomlinson

Luckily, the CPS take a different point of view:)

Pleased Alison will have her day in court unlike Ian Tomlinson

Quite agree

Damn women getting uppity. Only thing to do is smack them with a big stick.