Phil Spector

A complete nutter but a musical genius, always a fan of the Wall Of Sound, still regularly play my Ronettes and Chrystals CDs, Ronnie Bennett/Spector, Lala Brooks, Barbara Alston and Darlene Love what talents. And of course those American lawyers will drag it out, and I wouldn't be suprised if he eventually gets off, e.g. the O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson travesties.

He produced two of the finest solo-Beatles albums in Harrison's astonishing All Things Must Pass and Lennon's Imagine.

His wall of sound is impressive but he could produce at the lighter end and his treatment of Lennon's Jealous Guy is beautiful.

Shame he's a bit of a crackpot then.

Phil Spector isn't having a goof time in prison. He fears for his safety and doesn't like the other inmates.

Now I don't know about you, but in these circumstances, keeping quiet is probably a good move, but Spector writes to his friend, saying he wants...

"..to get a better prison with people more like myself in it ... instead of all these lowlife scumbags, gangsters and Manson types".

Er yeah Phil, that's really going to improve things for you. Stay out of the showers for a few days if I were you. :hihi:

link

Poor old Phil, why should a mere murderer have to co-habit with these lowlife, scumbags, gangsters and Manson types. The old adage If you can't do the time, don't do the crime springs to mind.

he's been in his own little world for so many years, having everything the way he want's it. so prison should have been such a shock to the system. I can't see this being the last we hear about his term

No he should have released 'The Ugly Bug Ball'

Such a very amazing link!

Thanks you for the post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10152044.stm

"Out of My Chelle is the debut album of Spector's fourth wife Rachelle."

should he have been allowed to produce, release it?

Don't see why not...other prisoners are allowed to produce stuff. The issue is more likely to be the proceeds. Should he be allowed to benefit financially?

Don't see why not, plenty of artists manage to release stuff when they're dead.

The BBC are reporting that music producer, Phil Spector has died in prison, aged 81, while serving life for murder. 

I remember him being sent to prison but I can't believe that was back in 2009?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55697979

Edited by Baron99