Clarification of police terms

to be honest, i didn't get it! However, he was driving a very unique looking cab! I dunno! I think I'm just annoyed at having to go through that when I hadn't broke any laws!

Yeah. :)

I wasn't questioning you. I was just being nosy. :):hihi:

Even if you didn't get the cab number, I would still ring them. The council send out regular letters to all drivers. They generally include events like this. (i.e dealing with disputes)

hmmm to be honest, my reason for bringing it here was firstly to sound off lol and secondly to find out what affect it would have on my future as I have to have annual advanced disclosures and didn't want this to show!

however, with the sounds of it the police realised that the uy was wrong and not me lol!

hmmm to be honest, my reason for bringing it here was firstly to sound off lol and secondly to find out what affect it would have on my future as I have to have annual advanced disclosures and didn't want this to show!

however, with the sounds of it the police realised that the uy was wrong and not me lol!

I know, sorry, was taking it off topic.

Paying for taxis always end up as a civil matter anyway. So you wouldn't have had anything to worry about, even if you were in the wrong.

but i wasn't! lol its a shame because I'd had a really great evening until then! and it took one stranger to ruin it! I mean I am a bit of a worrier, but I've never had any dealings with the police so wasn't sure how it would be dealt with and if i'd have a mark against my name!

The funniest Taxi ride we took was when my wife was giving birth, we live near the norton water tower, the quickest route to jessops is straight down blackstock road, I had to tell him to hurry when we'd past the morrisons and was heading towards woodseats as my wife was going to give birth on his back seat, and she's already past leaking stage.

He soon sped up.

And as for the police terminology, I'd have taken that as a, I'm talking to you without any warning.

Edited by Digsy

but i wasn't! lol its a shame because I'd had a really great evening until then! and it took one stranger to ruin it! I mean I am a bit of a worrier, but I've never had any dealings with the police so wasn't sure how it would be dealt with and if i'd have a mark against my name!

Shame it ruined your night :(.

Don't let it put you off getting taxis home though.

Comments like this.. from earlier..

Taxi drivers are soooo dodgy!

aren't very helpful.

Taxi drivers are trying to earn a living like everyone else. I can accept though, there might be a few bad eggs trying to slip an extra quid here and there. Reporting them, will help get rid of, or at least warn the bad ones that they won't get away with it.

to be honest, i think in the future I'm gonna avoid the shandy and just drive! it has been quite off putting this experience! Its the first bad one I have had, and am going to make it my last!

The funniest Taxi ride we took was when my wife was giving birth, we live near the norton water tower, the quickest route to jessops is straight down blackstock road, I had to tell him to hurry when we'd past the morrisons and was heading towards woodseats as my wife was going to give birth on his back seat, and she's already past leaking stage.

He soon sped up.

:hihi:

When I was driving cabs, I once had a shout on the radio to say, I'm swapping you round, go to ****** (near Ranmoor Inn) as woman urgently requires cab to Jessops. I arrived to find her puffing and panting on the floor o/s the house. I managed to get her in my car, and you've never seen a Nissan Primera go so fast. :hihi: (30 of course, I never broke law;))

to be honest, i think in the future I'm gonna avoid the shandy and just drive! it has been quite off putting this experience! Its the first bad one I have had, and am going to make it my last!

Not surprised. But don't let it put you off. Use a private hire firm in future, and the whole thing is on file. Should any reason for complaint. Let's face it, you need a beer to go to the Leadmill :hihi:;)

I know, sorry, was taking it off topic.

Paying for taxis always end up as a civil matter anyway. So you wouldn't have had anything to worry about, even if you were in the wrong.

Although Scotland does have an offence of Taxi Fraud.

Although Scotland does have an offence of Taxi Fraud.

England has an offence of 'making off without payment' that would cover taxi bilking as well as other situations.