Clarification of police terms

a caution (in the police station) is the lowest form of "punishment" you can get for doing something wrong.....i've had mostly cautions :)

you got some advice.........without being arrested, locked up, cautioned

I am quite a large character, but I do always clearly state which route to take, and repeat unless I get an unambiguous acknowledgement. If they then get feisty later, i'm the one to say your going to have to take me to the nearest police station, "i've got the time and you'll be out of pocket in the end"...

The answer to this is quite easy.........tell the driver you are disputing the fare and when he takes you to the police, they will ask you if you are going to pay, whatever you do dont say NO or you can be arrested, you have to say I am disputing the amount and there is NOTHING they can do about it as it becomes a civil matter ! Last time i did it i payed what i thought was reasonable and even got a lift home from the cop shop in the snorters car.

I did say that, showing the officer I had the means and the intention to pay, explaining very clearly that I was only disputing the route the driver had taken and that I felt he had over reacted unneccessarily! It was just the officers "advice without caution" that baffled me.

As i told him I wanted to go the quick way, and expressed a very reasonable amount of what the fare should be

Where was the cab from and to (area only obviously) and how much did you say you thought reasonable?

Leadmill to Shirecliffe....normally its about£7...I said I was happy under £9

Leadmill to Shirecliffe....normally its about£7...I said I was happy under £9

Which way did he go?

the quickest way is up the new ring road....he took me half way round town then headed for Burngreave/Pittsmoor

the quickest way is up the new ring road....he took me half way round town then headed for Burngreave/Pittsmoor

You mean clockwise or anti clockwise?

eh? well i'd hope he'd have the sense to drive the correct way! lol

as I was saying earlier in the thread, I do not dispute paying, or the amount we came to an agreement on...it was that i had asked for a particular route very clearly, he chose to ignore that, and when i questioned this, referring to our agreement again, he over reacted!

eh? well i'd hope he'd have the sense to drive the correct way! lol

as I was saying earlier in the thread, I do not dispute paying, or the amount we came to an agreement on...it was that i had asked for a particular route very clearly, he chose to ignore that, and when i questioned this, referring to our agreement again, he over reacted!

I meant was he trying to go the St Marys/Hanover way (c/wise).

I was trying to work out how you got to West Bar:huh:, as it doesn't seem on route, whichever way he went. :)

My bold, if you asked for a particular way and he ignored that, then ring 273-4005 tomorrow, and report him (if you know his cab number or driver number).

to be honest, i didn't get it! However, he was driving a very unique looking cab! I dunno! I think I'm just annoyed at having to go through that when I hadn't broke any laws!