Is the recession coming to an end? Are there signs of recovery ?

I keep hearing that green shoot s are apprearing in the economy and that house prices have bottomed out?

What do others think, is there the beginnings of a recovery?

I'm asking as I'm a first time buyer of a home and don't want to miss the boat if prices shoot up, in a way I'm hopeing for house prices to drop further

I heard somewhere that a LOT of cash has been injected into the economy to try and sort us out.

Was it the G20 meetings?

I can't remember to be honest but I am sure it will all sort itself within the next couple of months.

house prices wont shoot anywhere dont worry on that score.

Things have levelled out, unemployment will still go up though as Companies use it as an excuse to trim the workforce back and frighten the remaining ones into doing more work.

I keep hearing that green shoot s are apprearing in the economy and that house prices have bottomed out?

What do others think, is there the beginnings of a recovery?

I'm asking as I'm a first time buyer of a home and don't want to miss the boat if prices shoot up, in a way I'm hopeing for house prices to drop further

Sounds like politician bull to me

House prices and unemployment are usually the last things to recover in a recession, if I remember rightly

Did you know that most of the money WE injected into the banks has been loaned to companies ABROAD! If i heard it right,including proping up Frances unemployement payments.

I had a house on for 100k mid last year. its now dropped to 90 and then 85 and now ive spent 5k renovating it, so even if i sell at that its stood me at 80. the ones near me (smaller than mine) have just sold for 70.

i reckon its bottomed out. 15-20% loss is a lot of money...

I had a house on for 100k mid last year. its now dropped to 90 and then 85 and now ive spent 5k renovating it, so even if i sell at that its stood me at 80. the ones near me (smaller than mine) have just sold for 70.

i reckon its bottomed out. 15-20% loss is a lot of money...

What makes you think that?

i dont see how it can recover if we have no money left in the economy ..?

oh forgot we are printing more money..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does that answer your question were kn*****ered and the only way is down in my opinion, we have a long long way to go before any kind of light at the end of the tunnel i am afraid.

Fear not people!

Good old Obama will sort it out!