Private Ponds for Fishing

After a visit to Yorkshire last week I tried to go fishing in Knarsbrough but no joy so I finished up at a private pond in Altofts South of Leeds, it was a well stocked pond.

My question is apart from Clown, Aston ponds etc is there a good well stocked pond within a 30 miles radius of Sheff.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

try yorkshirefishing .net sandie theres far to many to list here 30 mile radius of sheffield would take in parts of nottinghamshire aswell.

After a visit to Yorkshire last week I tried to go fishing in Knarsbrough but no joy so I finished up at a private pond in Altofts South of Leeds, it was a well stocked pond.

My question is apart from Clown, Aston ponds etc is there a good well stocked pond within a 30 miles radius of Sheff.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Hi sandie there is a pond at the back of ecclesfield working mens club stocked with roach perch carp bream usual species on the bus route

try yorkshirefishing .net sandie theres far to many to list here 30 mile radius of sheffield would take in parts of nottinghamshire aswell.

Thanks masonblades well good

Hi sandie there is a pond at the back of ecclesfield working mens club stocked with roach perch carp bream usual species on the bus route

Thanks MILO007 I think I know where you mean is there a restriction on barbless hooks.

hi Sandie

for a more indepth look at venues in South Yorkshire try :

http://www.southyorkshirefishing.co.uk

The pond at Ecclesfield does have a barbless hook rule in place, much the same as 98% of venues now a days

hi Sandie

for a more indepth look at venues in South Yorkshire try :

http://www.southyorkshirefishing.co.uk

The pond at Ecclesfield does have a barbless hook rule in place, much the same as 98% of venues now a days

Thanks for that

Hi sandie try horseshoe ponds at wales near kiveton its situated down the side of the lord conyers pub then second right forge lane excellent fishing either silver fish pond or carp pond bite a chuck you will catch all day long just on carp pellets ps he closed on mondays to give the fish a rest ps you can get a great breakfast aswell its £5 per day tight lines

The last time I fished Clowne Pond was in the early 60's and it was about a bob a day. Curious to know how much old Sibring is chiselling folks for these days??

Hi sandie try horseshoe ponds at wales near kiveton its situated down the side of the lord conyers pub then second right forge lane excellent fishing either silver fish pond or carp pond bite a chuck you will catch all day long just on carp pellets ps he closed on mondays to give the fish a rest ps you can get a great breakfast aswell its £5 per day tight lines

Thanks for that I will give it a visit in August it sounds great

Roundwood ( Behind Corus Dalton),Kiveton Hall Farm, Norwood fisheries, Barlbrough and don't be tempted by Pebley.

Dunno what the fishing's like, but Wire Mill Dam below Forge dam in the Porter Valley has to be one of the most peaceful spots around!