Classic car shows.

I've had an Excel as well. A hell of alot of car for not much money - mine cost £3k and was virtually concourse when I bought it, but we traded it for my wife's Elise. Apparently the President of the French Lotus Owners Club bought it from the dealer we traded it to.

You're better off with a TVR though. Although the Excel boasted 180 bhp alot of that disappeared on its way to the wheels and its always been regarded as the poor mans Lotus as its a 4 seater.

What TVR have you got - I cant remember the model that came to club Lotus Day I think it was a Tamora but it was sky blue with a sky & cream leather interior - it was more a work of art than a car.

Nope - its the Yorkshire Rover Club and we are (were) joining up with a bunch of Triumph owners for the drive up there.

It was great fun :D except my P6 developed a small hole in the top hose :rant:

I see thats horrid when that happens !!!

so do you still have a club meeting for p6 rover owners?

next classic show , festival of transport sheffield, june 28th im booked in

I've had an Excel as well. A hell of alot of car for not much money - mine cost £3k and was virtually concourse when I bought it, but we traded it for my wife's Elise. Apparently the President of the French Lotus Owners Club bought it from the dealer we traded it to.

You're better off with a TVR though. Although the Excel boasted 180 bhp alot of that disappeared on its way to the wheels and its always been regarded as the poor mans Lotus as its a 4 seater.

What TVR have you got - I cant remember the model that came to club Lotus Day I think it was a Tamora but it was sky blue with a sky & cream leather interior - it was more a work of art than a car.

Just got the smallest V8, a 350 Wedge (Tasmin). As standard it had the SD1 Vitesse engine (197Bhp), but in the Wedge, with the exhaust, and head mods mine's putting about 220 out. It's quick, but not what you'd call fast. Gets to 60 in just under 7 seconds, and tops out (Private road occifer) around 140.

It's mainly the noise that made me buy it over an excel (plus the fact that most wedge owners are sarcastic, overweight, pie eating, beer swilling louts like myself). It's especially good on the overrun, where it pops and bangs like a bowl of rice crispies on steroids :)

There is a classic car show on at the travellers rest near hope on 22 june at 7pm.

Its usually a very good show with barbeque.

Mel.

there was a classic car show today, i think it was at greenhill school, the firsty i knew of it was seeing some beautiful vintage motors driving down bocking lane, then i saw the placards that were on the lamp posts:(:(

would have love to have gone but i was at work all moprning and hospital all afternoon:(

john:)

Whirlow Hall farm Fayre (includes Classic cars & bikes) Sunday 20th September

We popped along to the one at Hickleton Hall today, only a small show but some beautiful cars there.

hope valley rotary club have one on the 27th June

Beighton Saturday 18th July 2009.

Please view our post, Please come and join us.

It's FREE !

Hope to see you there.:)

Paul 07961 580786

This is a genuine question.

My brother in laws car is a 1989 Honda Accord and its in good condition (looks like a 2005 year car).

Is it now classed as a classic, now its 20 years old? could it go on shows?

The car is used daily, but still in good nick

whens the bawtry rd show??