Classic car shows.

Were is the next classic car being held any body no.

There is a big one at Eden Camp, just past York on the A64 on Sunday. A whole bunch of us Rover fans are going up in convoy.

Next weekend there is a big one at Boroughbridge just past wetherby on the A1

June 14th at the Sue Ryder home at Hickleton Hall. You can take your own classic along too for £5 but you need to book a space.

There is a big one at Eden Camp, just past York on the A64 on Sunday. A whole bunch of us Rover fans are going up in convoy.

Next weekend there is a big one at Boroughbridge just past wetherby on the A1

Is that the p6 rover owners club then?

Not exaclty a classic car show, but we had 676 TVR's on the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire's front lawn last Sunday.

In fact a member of the MX5 owners club was directed to us, so that we could show them how to organise a display.

Saturday we had a convoy of 61 TVR's out in the peaks, on a little 65 mile jaunt.

Some pictures here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=203&t=683644&mid=59091&nmt=The%20Chatsworth%20Photo%20Topic%20!

A couple of videos towards the end of that thread as well.

That must be some sort of record.

Was out in the Peak district myself on Sunday and saw scores of TVR's converging on Chatsworth.

Their is the rally show on at chatsworth house on the 6/7 of June with historic

and modern cars.If anyone is interested you can go on to the chatsworth site and have a look.

Is that the p6 rover owners club then?

Nope - its the Yorkshire Rover Club and we are (were) joining up with a bunch of Triumph owners for the drive up there.

It was great fun :D except my P6 developed a small hole in the top hose :rant:

Not exaclty a classic car show, but we had 676 TVR's on the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire's front lawn last Sunday.

In fact a member of the MX5 owners club was directed to us, so that we could show them how to organise a display.

Saturday we had a convoy of 61 TVR's out in the peaks, on a little 65 mile jaunt.

Some pictures here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=203&t=683644&mid=59091&nmt=The%20Chatsworth%20Photo%20Topic%20!

A couple of videos towards the end of that thread as well.

And what a glorious sound it was too. We were heading the other way to Hayfield and all you could hear every few minutes was that fantastic rumble. I trust you only allowed the MX5 owner in and not their car? One showed up at Club Lotus day last month & the looks they got! A TVR came as well but they were treated with the respect they deserve.

I trust you only allowed the MX5 owner in and not their car? One showed up at Club Lotus day last month & the looks they got! A TVR came as well but they were treated with the respect they deserve.
That 'attitude' must stem from the oily-hands-to-time-spent-driving-it ratio common to both marques' owners :hihi: There I was, considering either sprucing up the MX, trying an S2 for size, or going with my heart and a TVR...you're making my quandary that much easier to deal with :thumbsup: Edited by L00b

L00b,

Yes I concede I have pushed my Elan round many Sheffield streets and spent many hours on my back underneath it. Despite all this and the Lots of Trouble Usually Serious Tag it was still such a great car that Mazda took it upon themselves to blatantly copy it and admit to it.

Thats all behind me now hopefully.

I'd go with the TVR, its got class and character which a Mazda never has had or will have.

Regards, Mutley

MX5's are damn fine cars, I almost bought one but went for the TVR instead. Parts and insurance were much cheaper, and the noise :love:

I also looked at a Excels.

In fact an Excel did turn up along with a DB9 and a GD427 Cobra replica. These were given their own parking space within the TVR compound.

Out of the 676 that turned up, we only had one breakdown... a slight gearbox oil leak...