I went to Sunday School at Hatfield House Lane Methodist Church for many years. I took all my Scripture Exams and Temperance Knowledge Exams there. I was alsoo in the Girl Brigade, and used to do a weekly missionary collection, you had a money box shaped like a church and you had to have family and friends sign up to donate a set amount each week and then I had to collect it in the box and sign like a receipt book.

I went to Sunday School in a hall down Benty Lane in Crosspool. Same hall as was used for cubs. That was before St. Columbas was built.

In the 50s I went to SS at a small church on Richmond Rd. Might have been a Wesleyan Chapel. Not that my parents were religious or anything. They just wanted time by themselves on Sunday afternoons. When I got a bit older, I realized why. :hihi:

I went to Richmond Wesleyan chapel as well in the 50s and have a photo of the whit walk from there taken 1953 when I was an attendant to the May queen. It was printed in the book on Handsworth.

I remember going once to the Chapel on Station Road, I can't remember going again so maybe it was just the once, although a few of my friends went and my sister went regularly.