Recommendations for sushi bars and restaurants?

Got the name of any real good sushi bars/restaurants please?

sakushi behind the cathedral, campo lane. the smoked eel is divine. in fact it all is - i had 8 plates!

i should add you get a few pieces of sushi per plate, and you pick them off the conveyor belt as you go round - i didnt have 8 full meals!

I normally go to yama sushi for sushi because reasonable prices and decent service. been to satsuki however i feel there standards arent as high as wasabisabi or yama.

I agree with kevje, Yama Sushi is the best place for sushi in Sheffield, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Reasonable prices, great service and all in a quaint little restaurant. Go for the dragon roll, haven't seen it in any other sushi places in Sheffield but it's <removed> amazing. You'd be spending money unnecessarily going to Wasabisabi and you'd be getting sub standard sushi at sakushi, so get on down to Yama Sushi!

Edited by Hecate
removed masked swearing

Does anyone know where you can get take away sushi in Sheffield (not M&S)? Thanks

Yama Sushi, East Ocean Cafe, Wasabisabi and Sakushi all do take away sushi.

I'd recommend them all to be honest, although Wasabisabi were poor last time I went in (although poor once in about 20+ times aint bad). Yama Sushi are probably my favourite too at present.

If you want supermarket sushi (as you mention M&S), Waitrose seem to have the best selection. Can't vouch for the quality as I've never had it from there.

Yama Sushi do takeaway sushi, they also deliver for a small fee. Google them and go nuts...

marks and spencers £5 sushi on the go for me at lunch . lol

Sakushi do pre made set boxes, never had one myself, but i know there made fresh every day, and i think for less than a fiver, i think they do a mixed box with cucumber, prawn, salmon, and some other bits for only £3. may have changed now, but worth looking at?

got to be fresher than marks and sparks right?

Does anyone know where you can get take away sushi in Sheffield (not M&S)? Thanks

waitrose, at least they use sushi rice, tesco's is dreadful