Need new garage door- where from and how much?

I had my garage door supplied and fitted by Shaw's Ironmongers of Duchess Road:

http://www.shaws-ironmonger.co.uk/

They were very good. They also fitted a remote opening mechanism. OK, not strictly necessary, but pretty nifty, especially when it's raining!

I need a new garage door can anyone recomend a reliable (and relatively cheap) company? Also does anyone know the average price for a standard garage door? Thanks in advance

The garage door company ours was 500.00 got one for sale if you want only 40.00 and 18 month old

The Garage Door Compay seconded - can't remember how much I paid but their service (and product!) was excellent.

when I was looking the Garage Door Company seemed to have a bit of a monopoly on the market - so we ended up choosing them.

I wasn't overly impressed tbh. The doors fit and open and close ok - but the electrics they fitted weren't the best and sometimes they sparkle and fizz when the door is operated. The wall mounted unit that operates the door was crudely fixed to a slab of wood on the wall. Didn't speak of top quality workmanship to me. But - the doors work ok - that's all I can say really.

Hiya, had a quote for a new garage door, the quote was £600. Is this reasonable?

Cheers

Depends on what type of door/frame.

If that is just supplied or if it is fitted?

I bought my door and frame recently for £250 off of Ebay (new and delivered) and cost me a £150 more for fitting. So cheaper options out there.

I can let you have the guys number who fitted mine if you want it.

Jim

We are 1st Choice Roller Shutters we are based in Dinnington, Rotherham. We are 24hr call out service 01909 551195. We do roller shutters, garage doors, boarding up, fences, gates, awnings and many more.

You can check our website 1stchoicerollershutters.co.uk

Or like us on Facebook or follow us on twitter :)

Thanks

Siobhan

Ive ordered my garage door from the garage door company back in May! Came to fit it later than was advised and came with the wrong order ...... still waiting!

Im always ringing them to see whats happening! Really bad service - wish I had read these reviews before buying from them - I have no faith in them at all and dread the day they do come to fit it - hope Im not further to be disappointed!

Ours came (eventually) from the garage door company. It was measured wrong (by them), delayed three times, and has been an absolute farce. Still doesn't work properly.

Any chance of the company rectifying or compensating? haha none.

Hi

I had mine repaired by Able garage doors. Very reasonable cost, it now works just like new.

Cheers