Car Valeting- exterior paintwork polishing prices.

Hi, I have recently bought a newer car, have given it the usual hoover out and wash, but I think it could do with a proper valet. I know there are a couple of other threads on here regarding car valeting, but this is slightly different!

The car is a Rover 400 (5DR hatch) so fairly big in size. It has partial leather seats and been looked after pretty well inside, so I'm not sure the interior would benefit from having the seats hoovered!

The exterior paintwork has a few light scratches and was wondering if they could be polished out as they're not deep enough to touched up paint wise.

The car also has alloy wheels which dont look too bad, but would probably benefit from a bit of a scrub up!

I think the car would look beautiful (its metallic blue) if the paintwork was up to "scratch" (pardon the pun!!)

Can anyone give me a few quotes, whether its a mobile valeter or not, makes no difference as I could always drive the car to you to get the work done!

Thanks.

Bob.

a cheap valet will not last very long if your car been dirty for a long time. Best off getting a detail done on car then wash by hand weekly to keep in top shape.

A detailer will clean and feed the leather seats aswell as polishing some of the light scatches and swirl marks off. its not cheap but they spent a good 8 hours on my car last time they done it and it look 5 years younger

hi there my husband is a paint sprayer and repairer,give him a call on 07941640652 and let him have a look at it, if the scratches will flat and polish out he would do it for £80.

his mate also owns a valet company so he would be able to sort that out for you too.

thanks.

Buy a bottle of T Cut, much cheaper.

Does T-cut come in different colours - or is it just one colour for all cars?

Been there done that!! didnt seem to have much of an effect, perhaps i have to polish them out with the t-cut!!

Regarding Enaids post, its not in need of a respray!! just very light marks, like the car doors have opened against a tree and been lightly marked!

Thanks for all the replies, maybe it could do with a full valet inside and out then in that case.

:D

there is a website called detailing world or something similar (google it?)

results can be had by the following at reasonable cost:

1. wash the car thoroughly

2. clay bar the car with lubricant

3. wash the car thoroughly

4. apply polish, such as AutoGlym Super Resin Polish to ease out and fill swirl marks.

5. apply glaze such as AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection

Hand wash weekly and wax as you go to keep the car looking good!

You can use loads of other products such as Meguires instead of AutoGlym etc. If you want to cut and polish out any marks then you will need a rotary polishing machine, however this should only be used by a professional with the correct abrasives.

Also, dont polish the car outside on a windy day, end up with dust on the car which you massage in and make the car look worse!

Good Luck!

Sounds like it needs detailing to get it the best it can, i will ask OH if he can recommend anyone but tbh its not cheap.

Could try it yourself i would recommend using Meguiars products they are fantastic and smell lovely.