Does Your GP Use Wikipedia?

Maybe it was the Doctor that put the Wiki page up in the first place.

It's good to know. Let's hope the doctor wasn't looking at it in that five minute gap just after I had changed it and just before it was changed back to its previous state.

Why? Because you think a doctor would simply believe everything he reads on wikipedia?

My doctor has two dice-one with a disease on each face and one a treatment on each face.You can guess the rest.

*roll* severe spinal injury

*roll* plaster

I would rather a GP look up my symtoms on the internet to be sure rather than rely totally on his/her memory.

I would not be worried if my Doctor had to rely on other sources as another option, atleast there researching what it could be rather than just guessing.

Is the GP young? I have on occasion seen my doctor look through his own medical book and I have seen young new doctors look through them quite alot and never been bothered by it, they are only double checking.

Most doctors use Google though, so I was told be an ER doctor.

*roll* severe spinal injury

*roll* plaster

That's one of the more appropriate outcomes.I once had "laryngitis"and"enema"Mind you it worked,I soon got my voice back.

I've known my GP look in reference books, but never on the internet!

My GP has never used wikipedia, to my knowledge, but has often sought a second opinion by referring to journal or other material. I have no problems with a GP seeking information from the net or anywhere else.

Mine uses a crystal ball.

There must be loads of well-accredited sources of medical information for GPs on the internet. Why use one that anyone can tinker with? It can't be the only reference site available to them.