Not nice smells ..

Edited by Idler

Im in the same situation, goodness knows what my neighbours cook, but it smells so bad that Im actually dreading the summer, as I couldnt bear to be sat outside. I also have to keep my windows and back door closed as otherwise the smell gets into my house. However I know its every persons right to cook and eat whatever they like, so Im just hoping that Ill grow immune to the smell in time!

Maybe they are cooking the fillings for the pies at Hillsborough.............if you have ever had one of the pies at the ground you know what I mean

Surely you`ll get more of a stink the bigger the nugget

You've obviously never changed a nappy - concentrated evil!

We have this problem as well. It's overpowering to the point of eyes watering.

I think it's because we both have converted attics that the smell permeates through to ours though. That and they want to get back at us for having dogs!

Surely food smells are a personal preference ..... i gag at the smell of sprouts (how can anyone eat them?)

Im willing to bet that the OPs parents neighbours are cooking indian food .... smell from the spices get everywhere, that doesnt offend me .... the other way round actually, I'd be miffing the neighbours off, everytime i smelt it I'd be round at their with knife and folk ready to take my place at the table!

I dont think your parents have a leg to stand on TBH.

Some chinese cooking ingredients can smell like rotting food, as I discovered when I had Chinese and Taiwanese housemates (recipe for success, that...). Still, once they'd cooked them they smelled gorgeous.

If your parents neighbours are causing bad smells in your parents home, and you cannot persuade them to be a bit less smelly, call the council and get their environment dept out... They will come at a time when there is likely to be a bad smell, and can intervene with their landlord to get the problem sorted out... I had a issue with a rented house on my street that had effluence pouring out of the back wall - slightly more serious than a bad smell I know, but the council got the landlord to deal with it!

my parents get the same in their house.

we're not entirely sure how but ever since we moved in (coming on for 25 years ago!) we can occasionally smell next doors cooking through the airing cupboard.

given that its a solidly built victorian thing, its quite odd and we've never been able to work out the hows or whys of it happening.

its never really a problem, but every so often they cook something that smells vile, we think it maybe cabbage related, and then the whole of the top floor of the house stinks.

how is the smell getting into your parents house? is it through windows or some sort of shared ventilation?

x

Edited by Idler

good job they aint next door to me me just done sprouts and kippers .

good job they aint next door to me me just done sprouts and kippers .

Mmmmm that would smell lovely compared to my neighbours cooking!! :gag: