Tissington Trail Walk Sunday 19th April

Hi Canada_girl, it will be great to see the three of you again if you can make it; even though i think we've only meet once and that was when i made a fool of myself on games night. Hopefully see you there.

Aw, thanks village owl! I now know who you are :-) It would be lovely to see you and everyone again - I'm in the need of some adult conversation! I start work in a month again and my vocab over the past 6 months has consisted mostly of goo-goo-gaa-gaa!

Hi all

should be along on this walk and have room if anyone needs a lift.

Canada girl, the walk can be found on the web but but it's a little awkward to locate, but if you do come along the last 4 miles is along the Tissington trail so if you are too tired to continue its an easy thing to wait around and I would come back and pick you up. It would be a pity to miss this walk as the scenery is great, even if you decide to just have a stroll around Tissington.

Hi all

should be along on this walk and have room if anyone needs a lift.

Canada girl, the walk can be found on the web but but it's a little awkward to locate, but if you do come along the last 4 miles is along the Tissington trail so if you are too tired to continue its an easy thing to wait around and I would come back and pick you up. It would be a pity to miss this walk as the scenery is great, even if you decide to just have a stroll around Tissington.

Hi Alligin,

That is so kind of you - thank you so much for the offer! :D We will see how the day goes (if we make it - if Megan's up all night, having the energy might be a bit much).

Cheers!

hi there need assistance is there a hotel called Charles Cotton near the duck pond ?

hi there need assistance is there a hotel called Charles Cotton near the duck pond ?

No idea, never been to Tissington.

Hi

I don't think there is a hotel in Tissington, the main attraction is the hall, or the ice cream van at the side of the pond, or maybe the well-dressing oppersite the hall.

Aw, thanks village owl! I now know who you are :-) It would be lovely to see you and everyone again - I'm in the need of some adult conversation! I start work in a month again and my vocab over the past 6 months has consisted mostly of goo-goo-gaa-gaa!
Aahh well, I can promise conversation but whether its adult interesting conversation I'll let others judge.

What a fantastic walk today. Wonderful views, glorious sunshine and good company. Lots of birdsong today, nice to listen to the warblers and the skylarks and also nice to see all the flowers coming out. A bit of a shame about the number of cyclists on the second part of the walk but that's life, especially on such a nice day.

Many thanks to Scoobz for leading the walk and to Hippychick3 for the lift.

Photos will be posted tomorrow :)

Oh, must compliment the little cafe in Tissington car park - fantastic ice creams, with proper ice cream with real bits of chocolate in, none of that Mr Whippy garbage :thumbsup:

Wow, my sun burn hurts a lot. But what an amazing sunny, beautiful day. I particularly liked the up and down bits at the beginning with stunning views. Nice friendly pub stop and fantastic company as usual. Lovely to see baby Canada girl who is delightful and did well to walk 10 miles at her young age. Looking forward to the photos.

What a fab walk that was today, my legs are killing. The scenery was absolutely amazing, even on our detour!!! Sorry for holding you back when I got a bit wobbly, (how anyone managed it with a gorgeous baby on their back is beyond me) and apols for giving Scoobz a nightmare as to what he should do with me when we stopped for lunch. I’m glad in the end I didn’t go for one of the options offered which was to stay in the pub, get leathered and be picked up later!

HC3 - thanks spotting I was struggling and for getting me down to the other side of that hill with Anne D.

Alligin – massive thanks for offering to take a revised route with me, your forward planning in bringing a map and identifying an alternative route even before we had started, throwing me over that stile (!) and dragging me up that last hill and holding my hand every step of the way. (For everyone else reading this perhaps need to make clear he only held my hand on the hill, not the entire journey). And I didn’t even offer to buy you an ice cream at the end of it. How very rude of me and I will make it up to you on the next walk.

Mack633 - thanks for the help over the stiles, carrying my rucksack and of course the chocolate bar.

Thanks as usual to walk organiser, back marker, middle marker and HC3 for lift. And more thanks to everyone who asked how I feeling throughout the walk. You kind bunch!

I am however feeling a little nervous now about next week’s walk. Anyone done it before who knows what it’s like?