Think my PSU & Motherboard have gone (Not having any luck lately)

That's the reason why this second MoBo is being used - To check the components.

I'm of the opinion now that the original MoBo is at fault and the components haven't been affected, as the PC passes POST (Power On Self Test) and gets to the part where the operating system takes over. This is where it falls down so I'd lean towards full reinstall now owing to Windows being tied in knots.

If the original MoBo has blown though - I'd agree with you there and be loath to put the original PSU back into any PC from hereon in.

Memory detects in BIOS so should be ok also and POST passes it as working fine.

Cupowar if you were me would you use the 600W PSU that is working fine still? Or would you use the brand new 450W? bearing in mind i'm not sure whether the 450W would be powerful enough.

I might keep my Radeon 4870 GPU out for the time beginning so that if i use a 450W PSU it won't have to much to run and it will make my pc use less power for the time being until i buy another 600W or 700W PSU next week.

Just bin it.....

If you haven't got anything good to say keep out of my threads, all i have seen from you recently on my threads is a load of crap and is not contributing anything. :rant: :rant:

For your information my pc is fully working again now, thanks to my ASUS motherboard which i had lying around.

I found my Windows XP disk and have put that on for the time being.

Also Cinderella i'm hardly going to bin a pc which i have spent around £1,000 on in the last 8 months :loopy:

So basically i will be running this on a 450W PSU

Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz

4GB Ram

1TB HD

Samsung DVDRW

Windows XP until i put Vista back on

I will leave my Radeon HD 4870 graphics card out of the system and use on board graphics for now until i get a better and more powerful PSU.

Will a 450W PSU run the above without too much pressure? Will it be able to handle the workload?

Sorry, thought you were wanting advice.....

Saying bin it is not exactly advice and is not contributing much to the thread.

So basically i will be running this on a 450W PSU

Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16Ghz

4GB Ram

1TB HD

Samsung DVDRW

Windows XP until i put Vista back on

I will leave my Radeon HD 4870 graphics card out of the system and use on board graphics for now until i get a better and more powerful PSU.

Will a 450W PSU run the above without too much pressure? Will it be able to handle the workload?

Recon your just border line there go higher 600/700 minimum

Saying bin it is not exactly advice and is not contributing much to the thread.

The thread? At this point in time your PC is like some quad core, occupying four threads. It doesn't work, how do I make it more powerful, the monitor's rubbish, and what is it worth? Not sure which question you want answered....

Recon your just border line there go higher 600/700 minimum

Will the 600W PSU i had it in yesterday be safe to use? As my motherboard failed last night, I should have known it would fail being a cheap Foxconn motherboard.

This ASUS one that i have got in now should be much better but which PSU should i use?

1.THe 600W PSU that was in the base unit when my Foxconn motherboard went last night?

2.Use the 450W PSU for up to a week until i get another PSU?