Sheffield's spring bulb displays..the best year so far?

I don't know if anybody's noticed but the daffodils (and earlier the crocus) around Sheffield have been absolutely stunning this year. I've spent the last few days travelling around the city photographing them.

I've uploaded a few to my Panoramio page in my signature below if you wish to have a look but I've quite a few more to upload over the next few days/weeks so watch this space.:thumbsup:

Some nice evening sky shots on your site, well captured

coming up east bank rd look to right

I don't know if anybody's noticed but the daffodils (and earlier the crocus) around Sheffield have been absolutely stunning this year. I've spent the last few days travelling around the city photographing them.

I've uploaded a few to my Panoramio page in my signature below if you wish to have a look but I've quite a few more to upload over the next few days/weeks so watch this space.:thumbsup:

These are very good, you dont seem to notice when you are in a car do you ?

The Council have been distributing free bulbs to groups, that request them, for the last couple of years.

My sprogs and I can claim responsibilty for over a thousand of the blooms. It gives me a greater moral right when pillocks park on top of them! :hihi:

I want to wave the flag for the lovely daffs etc that are blooming in Hillsborough Walled garden as part of the Hillsborough in Bloom campaign this year. I went to the open afternoon last Sunday, the place looks stunning!

The Council have been distributing free bulbs to groups, that request them, for the last couple of years.

My sprogs and I can claim responsibilty for over a thousand of the blooms. It gives me a greater moral right when pillocks park on top of them! :hihi:

A big well done and thankyou to you and everyone who does this voluntarily - you make a real difference. Seeing all the spring flowers really makes me happy, and I'm sure that goes for most of us. :thumbsup: (Apart from the prats who park on them)

Daffs are my favourite flower so I love this time of year. Your photos are so good, thanks for sharing them.

Thanks for all your kind comments guys.

I'm looking forward to the displays getting better every year as hopefully lots more get planted this autumn around the city and recent plantings become more established and bulk up producing even more flowers in years to come.

Also well done to everybody who's had a hand in planting all these wonderful displays.