Jessica needs a friend bunny variety

Sadly no this is not a myth and guinea pigs are injured and even killed by their bunny "friends" regularly.

I know that some people will jump up now and say "oh but mine are fine together" well fine if you like playing Russian roulette with the poor guinea pigs life, I guess people will be lucky till the luck runs out, it is well documented on the net.

i had 13 rabbits and 6 guinea pigs all living togeather in same space for 6 years never had a problem

i had 13 rabbits and 6 guinea pigs all living togeather in same space for 6 years never had a problem

Maybe you were lucky, take a look on the pdsa website they advise against it as well, as do most rescues and organisations..

i have three baby bunnies not ready in five weeks if you are intested in them i am asking 10 pounds each

Maybe you were lucky, take a look on the pdsa website they advise against it as well, as do most rescues and organisations..

lol i know but introuced propperly and making sure personalities matrch et done propperly it can work but you realy hae to know what your doing butit can work and happily

This is on the RSPCA site please read

The right pet for you?

Rabbits are difficult to look after. They need lots of space, and large homes that can be expensive to create. Before getting any pet, think very hard about whether you can provide everything it needs.

What do rabbits need?

Companionship - to be with other rabbits or humans. The widespread practice of keeping rabbits and guinea pigs together is not recommended.

A mixed diet of grass, rabbit pellets, apples, carrots, dandelions and a good quantity of hay.

A constant supply of fresh, clean drinking water in a drip feed bottle with metal spout.

A large weatherproof home off the ground, out of direct sunlight and strong winds. Move to an indoor area or porch in cold weather. Many homes sold in pet shops are too small.

A separate covered sleeping area for each animal.

A clean layer of wood shavings and plenty of hay or shredded paper for bedding.

Daily exercise in a large, safe grassy area.

Rabbits burrow, so ensure the enclosure is sunk into the ground, escape-proof and safe from predators.

Their home to be cleaned every day and bedding changed weekly.

A gnawing block to wear down long teeth.

To be brushed every day if they have a long coat.

To be neutered at an early age. Ask your vet.

Injections to prevent serious diseases.

To be taken to a vet if they are ill or injured.

To be looked after when you are on holiday.

I too am looking for a home for a young male rabbit, he would need neutering though. I have placed an ad on here (really sorry if you have already seen it). The link to it is http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=473496

Thankyou but I wouldn't be able to keep him seperate, so it realy need to be a girl or a neutered boy

I'm back from my hols now Mary Poppins if you're still interested in coming to look at the baby bunnies.

You should go see Helen's bunnies! I picked up mine yesterday and she is gorgeous and really tame. She has some really tiny babies too which are lovely.

Abbie x

Note to Helen - Cocoa has settled beautifully - she loves exploring her new home and has managed to kick wood shavings all over my floor already! x

You should go see Helen's bunnies! I picked up mine yesterday and she is gorgeous and really tame. She has some really tiny babies too which are lovely.

Abbie x

Note to Helen - Cocoa has settled beautifully - she loves exploring her new home and has managed to kick wood shavings all over my floor already! x

Thanks for the update Abbie. So nice to know she's doing well.I'm afraid you'll have to get used to the shavings!!!! Xx