Baby Shows, Has anyone been to one?

I got Prima baby and pregnency magazine today and they are advertising a baby show in birmingham at the NEC , im just wondering as anyone been to one before? and what are they like?

I no you can pick up some good bargains !!

thanks x

I went to the one at birmingham and it was rammed!!! the only thing I purchased was a maternity pillow from the mothercare stand...

it is good but very busy :)

can u pick up bargains like they say? and get items cheaper then the shop price , ive got the main bits , its just the pram i need now lol

Edited by monkwood

I've just had a PM about the baby show so I did a quick google and found the following info:

‘The Baby Shower, down on the farm!’

This exciting new exhibition of Sheffield’s baby friendly businesses will take place at Whirlow Hall Farm on Sunday 31st May 2009.

Come along and discover a wealth of products & services to help you with pregnancy, birth, babies and toddlers. With tractor rides, guided tours around the farm to meet the animals, bouncy castles, games, face painting, demonstrations in baby yoga and massage, lunch, refreshments, bar and lots of freebies, you’re sure to find something to please all the family.

Michelle

http://www.sheffieldbirthdoula.com

ive just had a look at there website :http://www.the-bfg.co.uk/babyshower.html and it isnt what i want , i am wanting something like the NEC were you can buy items etc... thanks anyway :)

Yep, the two are very different :)

I went to one in London a few years ago - same people as the NEC. HUGE, but I got loads and also loads of ideas.

Definitely worth going if you feel up to it.

ive heard they are good , and i no you can buy items there which is cheaper then the internet !!!!

its a pram im after really , silver cross , so i never no lol

thing is most places only give 10% off, like mothercare did, so it might not be worth the fuel down and then entry price...

:(

You can buy things at the Baby Show at Whirlow Hall Farm on the 31st May, I went to the NEC on Sunday and didn't think it was that good. We don't have the big names, but we do have lots of local independent businesses and what's more it's totally FREE and you help support a charity at the same time.

We have got lots of demos on this year from hypnobirthing to baby yoga.

I went to the baby show in Glasgow and to be honest it was not that great, I was wanting to get a buggy and they had little to show! Its good for info on local classes and things like that. I think if you are pregnant its great but if the baby is already here you might not get as much out of it as you would like.