Devonshire Jam 2005

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Web site looks fab too..

Why thank you... :heyhey:

Has anybody seen the tents yet, I've been told they are massive.

I'm goin to be there from 10.30 ish. If anybody from Sheffield forum does come along come and say hello. I will be the big bloke at the side of the stage complaining about bands not turning up on time

Originally posted by BEX_DEVJAM

Around the world, around the world

Well here it is.. the long awaited list of confirmed bands for the Jam. Some of the bands you will know very well- some you wont, but what we have acheived is a full rounded festival with everyone's taste catered for.

Here's the List-(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!!!!!!!!!)

BABY PINK STAR

ANTHONY'S BIG ACHEIVMENT

SILVERWHEEL

ORMONDROYD

CHAMPION KICKBOXER

THE AGENTS

DO$CH

DANGERLUST

ECANASIA

BHUNA

TWO HATS

A IS FOR APE

CHUCK

BISON

MOTHERSHIP

PRETTY YOUNG THINGS

DAYBREAK

In the DJ tent we also have Urban Gorill residents and Riddimtion residents.

Hope everyone will come join us for what is set to be an awesome day

Cheers,

Bex (Programming Manager)

Bex..... when is this happening?

I went along to the festival and was there from 11.30 till 5.10 and thought it was great fun. Started off sitting on the wall behind the main tent and got surrounded by a largish group of little 'munchkins' as I was obviously sitting in their regular spot. Not in the least perturbed as they sat either side of me and stood in front of me talking over and past me, eventually it dawned on them that I wasn't about to move they shambled off to another section.

I thought the first band were somewhat vocally challenged [i'm being polite] and when Two Hats started up I moved round so could peer in through the opening and see Muddycoffee in action, they were very good and it was just a shame that audience numbers were fairly low as the place was still pretty deserted.

Kept on mooching around and had a nice surprise when nature called and I had to use the porta-loo's they were clean and didn't smell but it was only three in the afternoon at this time.

The other band i thoroughly enjoyed was one with a female fiddle player I think she was called Anna. However the music overall was of a good standard and I think I heard nine bands and none of them had me cringing much.

On the way home I went down past the Corporation and was amazed at all the cute little munchkins in black that were hanging around there. I know it was kiddy-corp but they did look 'sweet' little four foot rockers and bikers.

I heard the Walkley festival being mentioned more than once does anyone know where that is going to be held and times etc.

Thanks to devonshire jam for a great gig experience for us. Well organised, Carcrash and his people were helpful and efficient, and the PA was superb.

Pictures from our set are here.. Two Hats At the Devonshire Jam 2005

I'm the tall one with the checked shirt and the keyboards..

If you follow the link back to the main page you can hear two of our songs which we recorded in April, and played at the gig.

Thanks to Bish From FC Dog UK for taking the pics..

:thumbsup:

You can reciprocate by taking the pics at our gig at the Notty House on the 11th June :)

Glad to hear the gig went well, hope none of my cymbals are cracked, I know how hard Pat likes to hit them ;)

Andy, of course I will. I have, as you know, taken loads of pics of you guys, and am happy to take more until the film / memory runs out. Bring all your cameras.. :clap:

I want to hear your dual pedal, nosebag ( sorry nailbag's ) new bass and curley wurley's new sound.. :thumbsup:

Steve, you are indeed our official photographerand my pc is filled with fantastic pics you've taken for us in action :)

To anybody who isn't busy next Saturday, there's several bands on at the Notty House in Broomhill, I think kick-off is at 6-ish. If you want to see a band play with their new double kick pedals, bass guitars and distortion pedals (and almost certainly make a complete balls-up of it), then get there for about half 9 to 10! :D

It does appear that live music is getting stronger in Sheffield, with more pubs and clubs willing to put on bands. Anyone have any news of developments at the Cricketers on Bramall Lane? I heard they were putting bands on and gave them a cd, but I've not seen owt about any bands appearing there...

Originally posted by martianrobot

Thats nothing... i developed the website... based on your excellent designs of course... and I'm glad to see someones mentioned it... I only have to write one more posting before I am allowed to... damn these stupid forum rules prohibiting creativity and shameless plugging!!!

I find it a really horribly intrusive thing for any website designer to dictate to me how big I want my browser window to be. I just clicked on the jam jar on that site and got a new window opened at full screen.

I closed it before it had finished loading.

Originally posted by LesleyB

I find it a really horribly intrusive thing for any website designer to dictate to me how big I want my browser window to be. I just clicked on the jam jar on that site and got a new window opened at full screen.

I closed it before it had finished loading.

Dear LesleyB,

please open one of mine, they are not as flash but will work in any size.. . . . Rock - Reunited

Captain ********

Two Hats at Dev Jam. .

Thank you for your feedback on Dev Jam 05!!

Devonshire Jam is organised by an incredibly dedicated team of student volunteers from Hallam Volunteering at Sheffield Hallam University Union of Students.

They have worked solidly since September raising the funds to put on the event... organising fundraising auctions, pub crawls and speed dates to name a few! Thank you to everyone who donated! We also had support from some of our suppliers who helped us out with some favourable deals.

The volunteers were extremely passionate about putting on a free event for the community in the heart of Sheffield and I think they did a brilliant job!

I hope that everyone who came down had a fantastic day and we would welcome your feedback on our event. You can email us on hallamvolunteering@shu.ac.uk

I personally would like to say a big thank you to all the volunteers and performers who gave up so much time for free... especially Nel and Bex who organised the whole thing from start to finish!!

If you wanna check out some photos from the day... go visit our website (I can't post the address... perhaps someone can do it for me!) ... they should be up on Wednesday!

Jayne

PS We are very grateful to Mark for donating his time (for the 2nd year running) and designing our website for free. We asked for a simple Flash based website... but he also very kindly produced us an accessible text only version of the site. Thanks Mark!

That was hard work but it was the best organised gig I've been involved with. Great day out, very few mistakes and only one band member went missing