Devonshire Jam 2005

To all bands- Sheffield's finest free festival is looking for bands and I thought that you should be the first one's to know! For those of you who didn't attend the event last year, the Devonshire Jam is a free, one day festival that runs from 12pm-9pm. The festival is non-profit making and is organised purely for the hell of it! Last year we were attended by approximately 9,000 people of all ages and we were proud to boast one of the best band line-up's in Sheffield. This years festival will be held on Sat 4th June and we are aiming If your band is interested in applying, drop me an email on [email protected] or [email protected]

telling me your band's name, a contact name, a contact address and phone number and a brief description of the band. I will then send you an application form to be returned (with a demo) by FRIDAY 29TH APRIL.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Bex- Programming Manager, Devonshire Jam '05

looking for any DJ's/MC's at all?

Bring back Ormondroyd! They rocked, woo yay! :D

Hi, yes we are looking for Dj's also for the DJ ten which runs all day (12-9). We are currently looking in negotiations wiyth some nigts in Sheffield, but we welcome anyone to apply. Drop me an email at [email protected] with some details about what you do (and address!) and I'll send you an application form. Cheers, Bex.

sounds great,expect an email from me soon

I know of 2 bands, 1 who played last year and another who didn't who may be interested.

Also know quite a few dj's who would be interested as last years dj's sucked :P

Originally posted by J-Blaze

Also know quite a few dj's who would be interested as last years dj's sucked :P

The dance tent was pretty disappointing last year. Nobody was really 'avin it.

Your right, no one was really 'having it' in the dance tent, but I'm afraid this was down to the crowd- not the dj's! we had all the residents from UG and tuesday club so the line up wasn't that poor. This year I'm gonna be mixing it up a bit more in the dj tent- so hopefully it will be more to your liking! Bex

did you get me email yet bex?

Hi Bex..

Its Chris, i played first (reggae) in the dance tent last year. To be honest, and in my puddle poor opinion, it was too loud in the dance tent. I'm as guilty as anyone else, but DJs just tend to turn it up to 11 because they're playing records they love, and it is quite enough to scare most people off. I didnt spend much time in there myself because I had invited loads of friends down, we actually wanted to talk, so we sat outside. If it had been a little quieter, we would have loved to sit on the grass in the dance tent, and had a boogie when we felt like it.

My advice is, ask the DJs to keep it down (within reason) and up the volume when enough people are dancing.

Looking forward to this years do!

nicely chris. xo

so that was you playing all the nice reggae last year,well done,me and my mate danced about with a staff for abit

i think it should be kept loud tho :D