Would you take in a tramp, alcoholic or person with mental health prob in Sheffield?

Chris1983- 'Smackheads' bad, drinkers good?

If i didnt have children in the house to worry about then my answer would be yes to all

Chris1983- 'Smackheads' bad, drinkers good?

Yeah thats right Smackheads are bad and drinkers are more acceptable. if you are having a dig at my footer, im not a real alcoholic, more a binge drinker! :hihi: the point im having is there is plenty of other places in and around the city centre, why put it in the most beautiful spot in town! its like trowing litter in the countryside, its just not on! and there are loads of kids playing in that area, what a great example to show your children, i heard they have just got permission to put the new drug rehabilitation in the winter gardens! so they can play in the fountains after shooting up!

Edited by this_life

Interesting...........................

It did occur to me that it was quite sad that the man had to show his infected penis to his friend in such a public place. And that isn't it sad that his 'home' is so public and 'open'.

Not really, its properley down to the fact that he spent all his rent on smack, and his penis is infected from sharing needles with his smack head friends. so no its not sad. if anything they are no better than the pigeons that hang around the cathedral.

Edited by this_life

25 years ago my partner spent 6 long months living on the streets. This was at a time when there weren't loads of hostels and charities helping the homeless. He had 2 choices - go to the YMCA and spend the nights in an un-safe dormatory with drug addicts/alcoholics/perverts or sleep rough. He chose the sleeping rough option. He was homeless through no fault of his own - He had lived at home with his mum and dad and found out that his mum was having an affair so he got chucked out. It was autumn time and he managed to find a dis-used garage at the back of a large council estate. He slept rough in the empty garage for a full winter. He had to get washed in a cold stream cos there wasn't anywhere else. Sometimes he was so cold he thought he would die. He wasn't an alcoholic or drug user - just a regular lad who'd been chucked out. No-one came and rescued him. No charities helped him. He had to help himself and that's exactly what he did..... As it was winter he walked round the housing estates asking people if they wanted snow shovelling from their garden paths for 10 pence. When the weather got better he did odd-jobs for people - painting guttering, tidying gardens etc. Eventually he had £10 to pay the deposit on a shared bed-sit - Filthy place where you wouldn't want to leave your dog. Eventually he got himself a job working 12 hours a night welding for £1.50 an hour - dirty/hard/physical work. Do you know what he did with his first pay packet??? Most homeless people would spend it down the pub but not him - he spent it on a deposit for a better flat. He then got a better job and eventually bought his first house sometimes doing 3 jobs to pay for it. He now owns a house worth over 250K and its paid for in full. He also runs his own business and has significant savings. He says he will never be homeless again and paying his house off has been his priority for the past 20 years. He hates homeless people and never gives them anything because he thinks they should do exactly what he did - help themselves !!!

Edited by this_life

Come to Woodhouse, you can pick from a selection, loitering around, alcholics smackheads we've now got them all.

I'm sure St Annes wouldn't miss a few and it would make Woodhouse village a better place, if they were all placed in loving homes.

Harsh................................................................. there but for the grace of 'god' go I and all that.

What? :huh:

Edited by this_life

Wonder what BoppinBruce is doing now - 4 years on.