Best fish & chips in Crookes?

How many years back did you work there. I was there 1998-2000 and after that used to fill in for the owner when he was on holiday.

Hey. :) Yeah, it was a lot of years ago if I'm honest; about 12 years maybe, lol. So I guess a couple of years before you, around 1996-97. The lads I worked with were Mark and Kenny.

Its not in crookes, but if your ever in the area try 2 steps on sharrow vale, wow.

also not in crookes but northern sole in broomhill is absolutely horrendous.

Ranmoor Friery :love:, the one in Woodseats opposite Thresher is good too.

Broomheads was always the best in Crookes - but the staff really are a grumpy lot. Not been for a while. Went to New Cod on Block at Commonside last week and it's a revelation - best fish in batter this side of Whitby. Well worth the walk down Springvale Road.

I should have checked out this thread before my recent visit to Sheffield. I bought f & c at a chippy near Hunter's Bar. A greasy mess.

Hey. :) Yeah, it was a lot of years ago if I'm honest; about 12 years maybe, lol. So I guess a couple of years before you, around 1996-97. The lads I worked with were Mark and Kenny.

I took over when Mark left. Not seen him for years, but Ken is still there.

Watch it, he'll get fat and everyone will attack him!

Love New Cod on The Block it's run by the people who used to run Broomhill Friery before it changed hands and went downhill.

For Crookes, the Admiral is great for fish, never been to Broomheads, used to love Bolehill Chippy which is now called something else but it's not as good as it used to be, although they do the beautiful spherical seasoned fish cakes!

what are the opening hours at new cod on the block? i might stroll over tomorrow.