Best fish & chips in Crookes?

New Cod on the Block is our first choice now if you don't mind travelling down to Commonside.

The only reason people like the Admiral is because they get big portions, they forget about the quality.

I only go to places where the quality is good. I only go to the Admiral. Always ace.

Broomheads is just ok, and i didn't like Bolehills when i went there.

I went to New Cod on the Block, yesterday, partially based on what I've read on here, but also because I used to rate their shop at Broomhill. I don't live near Commonside, but happened to be passing nearby, so took the opportunity to try them. I'd agree with other who have praised them.

I used to like the one near the Grindstone, many years ago, but it's gone down hill over the years, and now I think that Admiral and Bole Hill are both much better. Of those two I think Admiral is the best. But from my one experience at New Cod on the Block, I'd now prefer them (although not at Crookes).

If it were me I would try them all one by one, you will find the best for you and have fun doing it. Start at the one near the Grindstone, it is my personal favorite, old fashioned fish n chips cooked in proper fat.

I might do it aswell, great idea!!!!!

best one woodseats

best one woodseats

They might be cold by time he gets home to crookes.

Bolehills every time for me. The Admiral is tasteless, and Broomheads...well...people wearing lots of rings handling food and money at the same time (picking out the fishcake without using tongs).... no ta.

Theres a new place in Hillsborough (i think its called the Riverside) opposite the Deep End Tram Stop.

I've found the fish and chips to be excellent

I used to go to admiral, but seems more quantity over quality now. I really enjoyed new cod on the block ones i had the other day.

Bolehills every time for me. The Admiral is tasteless, and Broomheads...well...people wearing lots of rings handling food and money at the same time (picking out the fishcake without using tongs).... no ta.

Would that burn the chip shop assistants tong?

New Cod on the Block is our first choice now if you don't mind travelling down to Commonside.

anyone know what time New cod on the block closes?.... starving now, after reading this thread